What's Spinning Tonight?

Bryan Ferry ?– Boys And Girls -1985 - this has gotta be one of the most expensive and over produced albums ever made given the number of studio's and different big name players played on this album. sounds damn awesome.

NyF8zSz.jpg

Let's assume these are just theories and the reality is slightly different. Let's say only 2% of these numbers are true. Still, that gives us 160 recorded songs and a full album. In my opinion that's already a lot. That vault could be worth more than many of the hidden vaults in Switzerland. @XV-1 , if the recorded songs, albums and music video are t here, what do you think the family is waiting for?

Since Prince has passed, The Prince Estate has done pretty well so far in releasing unreleased tracks from the Vault. 110 in total.

2018 - Piano and a Microphone - 9 tracks

2019 - 1999 super deluxe - 23 tracks

2019 - Originals - 15 tracks

2020 - Sign of the Times super deluxe - 63 tracks

As well as releasing another 11 albums on vinyl for the very first time.

Versace Gold Experience (1995) Emancipation (1996) on 6 lps
Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic (1999).
3121 (2006)
Musicology (2004)
Planet Earth (2007)
Chaos and Disorder (1996)
The Rainbow Children (2001)
One Nite Alone... Live! (2002)
One Nite Alone... The Aftershow (2002)
One Nite Alone (2002)

And releasing 3 more Prince albums in two The Time albums and one Sheila E album.

Still think The Prince Estate needs to release quicker?

Reactions: AMR / iFi audio
Bryan Ferry ?– Boys And Girls -1985 - this has gotta be one of the most expensive and over produced albums ever made given the number of studio's and different big name players played on this album. sounds damn awesome.

NyF8zSz.jpg
Not to mention a family of backing singers:
  • Colleen Fitz-Charles – backing vocals
  • Lisa Fitz-Charles – backing vocals
  • Simone Fitz-Charles – backing vocals

Reactions: XV-1
Massive Attack V. Mad Professor ?– Massive Attack V. Mad Professor Part II (Mezzanine Remix Tapes '98)

very kool

XoNGu26.jpg

XV-1 that Massive Attack album is not one I have seen before. I can’t see me running out to get it either, I am not a Mad Professor fan. I have No Protection, that is the worst Massive Attack album I have.

Now if you are talking about King Tubby that would be more like it, he knew what he was doing when it comes to dub. You could not say that about Mad Professor.

XV-1 that Massive Attack album is not one I have seen before. I can’t see me running out to get it either, I am not a Mad Professor fan. I have No Protection, that is the worst Massive Attack album I have.

Now if you are talking about King Tubby that would be more like it, he knew what he was doing when it comes to dub. You could not say that about Mad Professor.

I dig it. probably not as good as vol 1, but still mighty fine.

Since Prince has passed, The Prince Estate has done pretty well so far in releasing unreleased tracks from the Vault. 110 in total.

2018 - Piano and a Microphone - 9 tracks

2019 - 1999 super deluxe - 23 tracks

2019 - Originals - 15 tracks

2020 - Sign of the Times super deluxe - 63 tracks

As well as releasing another 11 albums on vinyl for the very first time.

Versace Gold Experience (1995) Emancipation (1996) on 6 lps
Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic (1999).
3121 (2006)
Musicology (2004)
Planet Earth (2007)
Chaos and Disorder (1996)
The Rainbow Children (2001)
One Nite Alone... Live! (2002)
One Nite Alone... The Aftershow (2002)
One Nite Alone (2002)

And releasing 3 more Prince albums in two The Time albums and one Sheila E album.

Still think The Prince Estate needs to release quicker?
Thanks a lot for the info. I did not follow Prince Estate releases closely. Now, that you have listed all of it, their strategy makes perfect sense.

A real Classic from the French song repertoire. :p

it definitely did. Thanks for that.

:cool:

Reactions: AMR / iFi audio
Quite sure it has the honor of being only rap album I own. Whodini, recently posted in Electro 6, and mid teens DR were both surprises. Solely distributed in Canada should explain back of booklet ("Destined to Rock in '89.")

rando we had a different Rap Traxx album in the UK, the one we had is spelled differently Rap Trax!. I had the UK one from back in 1988.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing