What's Spinning Tonight?

Renard – Waking Up In A Different World - absolutely luv this German synth pop alter ego of Markus Reinhardt. Has Marian Gold from Alphaville singing a couple of tracks. I wish the transfer to vinyl was a little better, however with the new phono, this is the best it's ever sounded.

ejbV10e.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Johan K
Renard – Waking Up In A Different World - absolutely luv this German synth pop alter ego of Markus Reinhardt. Has Marian Gold from Alphaville singing a couple of tracks. I wish the transfer to vinyl was a little better, however with the new phono, this is the best it's ever sounded.

ejbV10e.jpg
Even though it’s made in 2020… it reminds me of the -80s :p … great album, Shane?!
Thanks man;)! At work now but will listen to it on my small transistor-radio tonight, haha!

Tjinge-ling…

/ Johan

Btw, did you hear that Ryuichi Sakamoto had passed away… I know you had some records with him. He became 71 years young. Very sad.

Reactions: XV-1
Even though it’s made in 2020… it reminds me of the -80s :p … great album, Shane?!
Thanks man;)! At work now but will listen to it on my small transistor-radio tonight, haha!

Tjinge-ling…

/ Johan

Btw, did you hear that Ryuichi Sakamoto had passed away… I know you had some records with him. He became 71 years young. Very sad.

Luv that 80's sound.

Yes, sad news about Ryuichi. His 2014 cancer reappeared.

His albums that he did with Alva Noto have only just been reissued. Pretty much perfect vinyl reissues. Check them out if you like ambient electronica.

• Love
Bob Dylan – Fragments (Time Out Of Mind Sessions (1996-1997)): The Bootleg Series Vol.17 - spinning this 4LP set now. first up the remixed Time Out Of Mind - basically remixing all the overdubs and mud Lanois added to the original release out of this one. This is really really good. the 44 page full colour booklet is informative around the recording of the album and the photos are superb. pressing is silent.

RxtLppK.jpg

bKlpfta.jpg

• Love
Bob Dylan – Fragments (Time Out Of Mind Sessions (1996-1997)): The Bootleg Series Vol.17 - spinning this 4LP set now. first up the remixed Time Out Of Mind - basically remixing all the overdubs and mud Lanois added to the original release out of this one. This is really really good. the 44 page full colour booklet is informative around the recording of the album and the photos are superb. pressing is silent.

RxtLppK.jpg

bKlpfta.jpg
Looks great!
I’m not THAT much into Dylan, but I once manage to get a hold an orginal of his ”Blond On Blond” in mono from 1966, which is amazingly sounding… I play it from time to time when I’m in the right type of mode.

/ Jk

Sorry for the late reply. A lot has been going on this week for me, including a new job.

This new album as a lot of the "vibe" of their older material from the mid to late 80's. Even a hint of "Violator" in there as well.

As Johan K said, it's a great album. Considering that it sort of has some meaning behind Andrew Fletcher's passing, as well as what my family and I are going through right now with our father (in hospice), listening to this album has been a bit emotional for me. It hit me really hard with the last track on the album, "Speak To Me". I literally started crying...

I hope you've found the time to give it a listen.
Yes, "Speak to Me" has been an emotional rollercoaster... I enjoyed this album greatly. And you're right - it does have some "Violator" DNA to it... :)

Congratulations on landing a new job! I hope you still have plenty of time to listen! :)

Reactions: Chops and Johan K
Yes, "Speak to Me" has been an emotional rollercoaster... I enjoyed this album greatly. And you're right - it does have some "Violator" DNA to it... :)

Congratulations on landing a new job! I hope you still have plenty of time to listen! :)
Yes sir. Like I said, it's a great album.

And thank you about the new job. As with the previous job, it's Mon-Fri, but now I am home before 5pm every day. So yes, theoretically, I actually get more time to listen. However, since this past weekend, I haven't listened at all. Just not in the mood, especially after waking up yesterday morning and finding out my father passed in his sleep around 2am.

In fact, I went into work this morning and my new boss told me to go home and spend time with my family and such, and not to worry about work right now. My previous job wouldn't have done that.

• Sad
One more from down under.

Lloyd Cole – Antidepressant - 2006 album, first time on vinyl. really good job done on this. Can only hope Music In A Foreign Language is done next.

kTXai6L.jpg
Listen to it now while at work.. sounds great through my airpods ;) - quite ”Cole” haha!

/ Jk

On the Ascona tonight?:

Marisa Anderson / William Tyler - Lost Futures, from 2021 on marbled blue vinyl at 33rpm.

Enjoy ;) !

/ Jk
IMG_7705.jpeg

Yes sir. Like I said, it's a great album.

And thank you about the new job. As with the previous job, it's Mon-Fri, but now I am home before 5pm every day. So yes, theoretically, I actually get more time to listen. However, since this past weekend, I haven't listened at all. Just not in the mood, especially after waking up yesterday morning and finding out my father passed in his sleep around 2am.

In fact, I went into work this morning and my new boss told me to go home and spend time with my family and such, and not to worry about work right now. My previous job wouldn't have done that.
That is very kind of your boss. My condolences about your father. I hope you can find peace and go back to listening to music as soon as possible! The right music has always had a therapeutic effect on me, maybe that's worth considering someday?

Reactions: Chops

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing