What's Spinning Tonight?

The Go-Betweens ?– Tallulah - if ever there was an album that deserved a remaster, this is it. ear piercingly bright in the top end with no bass. eq is the only way to really enjoy this superb album.
9Xlr7g7.jpg

Hiqqhw5.jpg

drinking good beer listening to original US pressings - does it get any better?
:wub:

CAWj7VX.jpg

6P8yCGe.jpg

Reactions: DasguteOhr
1641527727400.png
Shamanism and the human fascination with divine energy is a recurring theme in Tansy Davies’s work. The piano loosely represents a spiritual intermediary in Nature (2012), the single-movement concerto that gives its name to this latest NMC release. Davies characterises the solo part – performed here by Huw Watkins – as a maenad, a frenzied female follower of Dionysus’s. The composer’s considered use of colour is beautifully drawn out by the Birmingham Contemporary Music Group, led by Oliver Knussen. Based on the Shamanic Wheel of the Year – an annual cycle that highlights solstices and equinoxes – Re-greening summons the growth and restoration associated with each season.

(This recording was made in 2014 by BBC Radio 3, not long before Knussen died.)

~ ClassicalMusic ~The BBC Music Magazine

Last edited:
Prodigy – The Fat Of The Land - original UK pressing. this is the bomb, pressing is perfect as is the sound - so dynamic, so clear and so aggressive. must own record.

2N9dwpr.jpg
Amazing recording i love it, the 3 Lp box "the day is my enemy"great too20220107_072456.jpg

Reactions: XV-1
I must give me copy a spin - I only have the standard 2LP 33rd pressing. Is the 45 rpm good?
I'm actually not a fan of colored vinyl( red, yellow and black in the box), the playback noises are usually louder, they did well. the dynamic is really good for 45s typical sounds fresh open clear tones. thumps up for that vinyl?

Reactions: XV-1
Every time I compared the same performance on 'normal' vinyl and colored vinyl, the colored viny lost.
I couldn't find anything this time, why the colored vinyl sounds worse than normal vinyl both in the box. is probably a rare case,otherwise I share your opinion.20220107_141455.jpg

Reactions: tima
You were just another sideshow
in a back street carnival.
I was walking the high wire
and trying not to fall.
Just another way of getting through
anyone would do,
but it was you.
and I was trying not to fall.

Ah but you were tender
as soft summer wind.
Someone to remember
when the cold closes in.
You were colour to the moon.
you were flowers come to bloom
with sweet perfume.
And you were tender
as soft summer wind.

I've seen the dark side
when I am trying to find the light.
Seen the shadows fade away
on the wrong side of night.
Heard a song coming through
and when I was looking for you,
I sing blue.
Too long on the dark side
trying to find the light.

and I was trying not to fall,
trying not to fall . . .

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing