What's going on with the US stock market lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, have had one for a while. Don't use it much though, no need. The government here blocks out the fake news quite nicely :D

Calling The Economist fake news, now that's a new one. But I get it, you have to read Xi's Little Red book and call everything else fake news. Scary....ever think "what would Deng say?

But I get it, you have to read Xi's Little Red book and call everything else fake news. Scary....ever think "what would Deng say?

The quote I like best from Deng is 'It doesn't matter if the cat is black or white....'.

Xi wrote a red book too? Who'd have thought it?:cool:

When you have a president who can damage a company with a tweet, or a tariff or two, you're an idiot if it doesn't influence your investing. Comical.

Check out Amazon's stock price. Apple too. NY Times for another. Boeing after the AF1 debacle.

Check out steel stocks (X) since the "tariffs" - not exactly what you might expect

The quote I like best from Deng is 'It doesn't matter if the cat is black or white....'.

Xi wrote a red book too? Who'd have thought it?:cool:

The communists have all the best lines: "a lie told often enough becomes the truth" VI Lenin.

Sure, and as good an example as any is 'free press'. Economics tells us there aren't any free lunches, right?

A free and independent press is the foundation of any modern society. But nothing is free, it must be fought for. This guy knows that:

winnie-the-pooh.jpg

Then the US is no longer a 'modern society' (whatever that means), QED.

<afterthought> A little light background reading : http://www.ronunz.org/2013/04/29/our-american-pravda/

You couldn't write that article in communist China without being imprisoned, in Putin's Russia without falling out of a window, or Venezuela without dying in a "robbery." Of course the USA is a modern society, Unz is able to write this opinion piece and live to write another one. I hope you deleted that pic I posted on Xi.

Of course the USA is a modern society.. <snip>

Ever heard of Ed Bernays?

Unz clearly has the freedom to write apparently critical stuff, but last time I checked, Ron wasn't 'press' and your particular propaganda on offer here was 'free press'.

Ever heard of Ed Bernays?

Unz clearly has the freedom to write apparently critical stuff, but last time I checked, Ron wasn't 'press' and your particular propaganda on offer here was 'free press'.

Debating freedom of press/expression with a person that lives in a repressive communist feudal society. Oh the irony.

Debating freedom of press/expression with a person that lives in a repressive communist feudal society. Oh the irony.

I take your deflection as concession.

There's obviously no freedom of press in China, nobody is under any illusions, unlike residents of the good old US of A. When I first came here I was told by a local - there's only one thing you can rely on in the newspaper, not even the weather. Its the date.

I take your deflection as concession.

There's obviously no freedom of press in China, nobody is under any illusions, unlike residents of the good old US of A. When I first came here I was told by a local - there's only one thing you can rely on in the newspaper, not even the weather. Its the date.

I'll not concede to your random websites and non-consequential name drops. I'll always enjoy the "have you heard of: insert random wiki article here" debate style, totally amusing. But ultimately ineffective.

The USA is a country of laws and institutions, and not men. It has survived idiots and despots, and will survive more. Like the Soviet Union, communist China rules by the barrel of the gun, it's days are numbered. Laws are irrelevant, institutions are non-existent.

Nothing else required - in a debate its a question of the person with the idea needing to persuade others of its veracity. So far your 'free press' idea hasn't got any further than wild derision.

I just got up to change the record and thought about the irony: I'm debating freedom of the press in the USA with a person that lives in a repressive society without said freedom. It's like arguing women's rights with a person that lives in Saudi Arabia.

I'l like to meet you sometime Opus, but I'm sure if their would be room for you, I and your enormous balls.

Here's a cool report from Reporter Without Borders. Check it out if your browser doesn't block it.

https://rsf.org/en/ranking/2017

Not actively myself, but I'm invested nevertheless Bob.

@jeffrey_t : It was indeed blocked, not by my browser but rather the 'Great Firewall'. Any reason to fire up the VPN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing