What turntables do you use? Pictures would be nice as well :-)

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Remarkable. Looks museum quality. I’ve been hunting for that cartridge (and arm!) for a while…currently i’ve got the xl-55 pro on a Bokrand on an L75/PTP 6, and it is a stunningly good cartridge. I can only imagine how fabulous the ‘88 is.
Here it is with my xl55 pro

Attachments

• IMG_0595.jpeg
    IMG_0595.jpeg
    630.3 KB · Views: 31

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Yes, the latest plycraft rack from Arnold @ Core Audio Designs. I am very happy with the racks but have not compared to others — I have been a Core Audio rack user for 15+ years.
Hi Bob,

Do you use Arnold's amp stands as well?

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Hi Bob,

Do you use Arnold's amp stands as well?
I had a pair made up for the REF160 monos back when I had those, now I am using one under the Extreme with a Daiza platform, and one under the Pilium Achilles amp.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
Today I completed my

Acoustic Signature Invictus jr MKII

with 4 tonearm bases

IMG_2808.jpg

tom539

Dec 28, 2021
Replaced my old Colibri with the XGW Stradivarius:

IMG_5565.jpeg

IMG_5569.jpeg

Mounted on StSt Motus II DQ 9‘‘, Sorane SA-1.2 and Yamamoto HS-4 Headshell.

Sounds verry „Clear“ - Colibri… ;)

Now „burn in“ is in progres…

atb, Tom

tom539

Dec 28, 2021
Replaced my old Colibri with the XGW Stradivarius:

Mounted on StSt Motus II DQ 9‘‘, Sorane SA-1.2 and Yamamoto HS-4 Headshell.

Had some „trouble“ on several LPs on the Sorane SA-1.2 - so I mounted the Colibri today on the DPS3:

IMG_5583.jpeg

IMG_5585.jpeg

IMG_5588.jpeg

Now the records, which have jumped on the StSt, run through without any problems.

Sound is awesome

atb, Tom

je2a3

Apr 25, 2020
north of philly
jelabs.blogspot.com
Sweet!! Bokrand/SPU is a great combo. What’s on the other arm?
SME 3012 + DL103

And are those SUTs from Redboy?

Over a decade ago, I wrote about microphone transformers for MC step up duty in my defunct website.

Back then there were no cast aluminum boxes.

Now I've updated them inspired by Nate's (Redboy) idea.:)

Porsche

Apr 22, 2023
Burmester 217 system with Massif weight

Attachments

• mass1.jpg
    mass1.jpg
    618.3 KB · Views: 24

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
Hi all,

What a great TT show is here in the forum and so great stuff. However allow me to post my over 15 years old modest DIY tt.

Thank you for the granted space. View attachment 120351

Adelmo
It looks nice! Can you give us some details about the table and arm?

Adelmor

Nov 21, 2023
Imola, Italy
It looks nice! Can you give us some details about the table and arm?
Hi,

The wood plinth part is made with okoume ply wood and another softer ply wood, 5 layers, 20 mm each. Inside I have inserted leads and glued to fix them. The platter s bearing is a conventional oil bearing made form solid bronze, have the spindle diameter of 13 mm, allowance is pretty tight and once I inlet the oil take very long time for the spindle to reach the bottom. The first time I inlet the oil from the bottom part. The bearing is fixed to an aluminum floating plate, in the bottom of this plate I added sound proof material. The floating is achieved with 3 mag and some OR to keep the lower and upper mags entered. There is no metal to metal contact, all is decoupled. The acrylic platter is about 4.6 Kg, i bought from Scheu Analog at that time. The puc is made of acrylic and aisi 316, all the 3 part decoupled. The motor is an old 5 inch floppy disk motor, brush less type , 12 V DC with its electronic cards control. Has a pretty good power/torque and not too bad speed stability. I use now a single motor with 3 round belt. The tonearm is a kind of clone of the Supatrac, it is 12 inch, arm wand in bamboo and inside I inserted balsa. Case of the motor is all made of steel, the base is very heavy as it is the top.

Best rgds
Adelmo IMG_1513.jpg

Last edited:

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Hi,

The wood plinth part is made with okoume ply wood and another softer ply wood, 5 layers, 20 mm each. Inside I have inserted leads and glued to fix them. The platter s bearing is a conventional oil bearing made form solid bronze, have the spindle diameter of 13 mm, allowance is pretty tight and once I inlet the oil take very long time for the spindle to reach the bottom. The first time I inlet the oil from the bottom part. The bearing is fixed to an aluminum floating plate, in the bottom of this plate I added sound proof material. The floating is achieved with 3 mag and some OR to keep the lower and upper mags entered. There is no metal to metal contact, all is decoupled. The acrylic platter is about 4.6 Kg, i bought from Scheu Analog at that time. The puc is made of acrylic and aisi 316, all the 3 part decoupled. The motor is an old 5 inch floppy disk motor, brush less type , 12 V DC with its electronic cards control. Has a pretty good power/torque and not too bad speed stability. I use now a single motor with 3 round belt. The tonearm is a kind of clone of the Supatrac, it is 12 inch, arm wand in bamboo and inside I inserted balsa. Case of the motor is all made of steel, the base is very heavy as it is the top.

Best rgds
Adelmo View attachment 120356
Quite a diy journey :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing