What turntables do you use? Pictures would be nice as well :-)

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
It's not a custom clamp. Btw, after that visit, the owner bought another Dalby from the market immediately, similar to the one I used at his place

Mine actually belongs to another local friend. I had sold it to him on the criteria he would allow me to use it on some visits and sell it back to me should I ever buy a table. Both of them are in London so I could borrow it for this visit.

Have you utilised the Dalby on a Vyger Kedar ?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
It's not a custom clamp. Btw, after that visit, the owner bought another Dalby from the market immediately, similar to the one I used at his place

Mine actually belongs to another local friend. I had sold it to him on the criteria he would allow me to use it on some visits and sell it back to me should I ever buy a table. Both of them are in London so I could borrow it for this visit.

Thank you 'bonzo75' for your reply post. and link on the 'Dalby Record Weight'. Much appreciated.
Interest read on the Dalby Record Weight.
Have you ever compared the Dalby Record Weight with the Kuzma Ebony on a Kuzma table particularly on an XL DC or Stabi M ?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Thank you 'bonzo75' for your reply post. and link on the 'Dalby Record Weight'. Much appreciated.
Interest read on the Dalby Record Weight.
Have you ever compared the Dalby Record Weight with the Kuzma Ebony on a Kuzma table particularly on an XL DC or Stabi M ?

Stabi M has suspension so it won't work I think. XLDC I haven't tried but I am sure it will work great.

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
Stabi M has suspension so it won't work I think. XLDC I haven't tried but I am sure it will work great.
I believe from online info etc. (as never touched one in reality) the Stabi M suspension is quite solid i.e. minimal movement not like a bouncy Linn LP12 etc.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Just an update. I have the analog magik v2 now and tested both turntables and cartridges.

Kuzma Stabi M with good calibration achieves as good a speed satbility as the Sony PS X9. Sony is 40 years old and has not been serviced, they both achieved less than %0,1 (about 0,08). Sony supposed to go down to 0,02 but it did not in my test. I am new to it so I may learn more about it and get closer to spec in time.

Fuuga is much better than xl-55pro. It sounds better and measures better. I have ordered an msl headshell, I will try fuuga and madake on sony too.

Reactions: mtemur

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Just an update. I have the analog magik v2 now and tested both turntables and cartridges.

Kuzma Stabi M with good calibration achieves as good a speed satbility as the Sony PS X9. Sony is 40 years old and has not been serviced, they both achieved less than %0,1 (about 0,08). Sony supposed to go down to 0,02 but it did not in my test. I am new to it so I may learn more about it and get closer to spec in time.

Fuuga is much better than xl-55pro. It sounds better and measures better. I have ordered an msl headshell, I will try fuuga and madake on sony too.
a small question about the xl 55 pro with how many ohms did you complete it on the phonopre?
Sony xl pro vta is 24 degrees tonearm lowered lower?

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
a small question about the xl 55 pro with how many ohms did you complete it on the phonopre?
Sony xl pro vta is 24 degrees tonearm lowered lower?
I loaded it with 500ohms like they show in the brochure for the xl55pro. Tonearm is lowered a little, close to parallel

Attachments

• sonyxl55pro.pdf
    87.3 KB · Views: 11

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
I loaded it with 500ohms like they show in the brochure for the xl55pro. Tonearm is lowered a little, close to parallel
There is very little information about the XL-55pro. So far I've only noticed that it has a microridge tip (rather than elliptical) and a much lower output impedance (measured around 4 ohms instead of 40 ohms). That's why my question is maybe it's not the original anymore and Sony had a service for the new version II. With 60 ohms it ran excellently for me. Normally you only measure pickups when they have a defect, but you don't want to give away the sound. The height of the tonearm is easy to align and putting a 6mm thick mat on top of the platter worked fairly well. result in wonderful timbres in the midrange, more spatial information in breadth and depth.
My tip 6mm tizo acryl mat

Last edited:
Reactions: kodomo

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
There is very little information about the XL-55pro. So far I've only noticed that it has a microridge tip (rather than elliptical) and a much lower output impedance (measured around 4 ohms instead of 40 ohms). That's why my question is maybe it's not the original anymore and Sony had a service for the new version II. With 60 ohms it ran excellently for me. Normally you only measure pickups when they have a defect, but you don't want to give away the sound. The height of the tonearm is easy to align and putting a 6mm thick mat on top of the platter worked fairly well. result in wonderful timbres in the midrange, more spatial information in breadth and depth.
My tip 6mm tizo acryl mat
This just arrived! I will make trials and measurements and share them.

Attachments

• sonycopperplatter.jpg
    sonycopperplatter.jpg
    781.7 KB · Views: 47

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany

Robert Young

VIP/Donor
Oct 22, 2020
New York CIty
No way, Sorry.
Only one tonearm stays with my Lenco and this is the GrooveMaster III.
If I like to have mono sound, I switch to it on my pre-amp. ;)
There’s something really magical about the L75 drive and an SPU. Here’s mine, though at the moment of the pic i was testing out the Allaerts on a Schroeder Reference that I had just realigned…both combos are fun (the othe arm is a Bokrand 12” with an SPU) 44795C17-CF8D-49FF-97EB-90C382B5B523.jpeg

jespera

Jan 12, 2018
London
There’s something really magical about the L75 drive and an SPU. Here’s mine, though at the moment of the pic i was testing out the Allaerts on a Schroeder Reference that I had just realigned…both combos are fun (the othe arm is a Bokrand 12” with an SPU) View attachment 98138

Agree! Theres something about that underestimated lenco beat.

Using denon 103 and shure m3d and sc35c/n35x on my lencos. I also like the L70 tonearm.

Attachments

• 562D4790-7698-4B52-8112-9609C4D6BD54.jpeg
    562D4790-7698-4B52-8112-9609C4D6BD54.jpeg
    533.8 KB · Views: 18

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing