What turntables do you use? Pictures would be nice as well :-)

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
@miniguy,
Sorry for hi jacking this thread a bit but I have the same TT and also the ATE2. I’d like to know your opinion about the ATH2 Ref step up please as I consider it for me ? Also how does it compares to other SUT

miniguy

Dec 18, 2013
San Diego area
@miniguy,
Sorry for hi jacking this thread a bit but I have the same TT and also the ATE2. I’d like to know your opinion about the ATH2 Ref step up please as I consider it for me ? Also how does it compares to other SUT
The ATH-2 REF is a terrific SUT. It’s a little more sensitive to placement regarding hum, but for me, that is outweighed by its very convenient switching facility to handle three cartridges plus two input impedance choices and a bypass (great for my SPU Mono GM MkII). The only SUTs I’ve compared it to were the Ortofon ST-80E and the EAR-MC-3. No contest.

Reactions: cuntigh

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
Thanks for your answer. The convenience is important for people who have several cartridges. If sq is on the par, it’s better.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I had an ATH-2. We are talking Airtight right? I bought it just to try it. It did not work in my system and made me wonder why bother having in the chain. I even used it with its own Airtight Opus and MSL Platinum. It made my Opus and MLS sound mediocre. So I sold it cheap to Howie. Howie didn't seem to like it either. Probably already passed on to the Third victim. :)

Just want to give the other side of the view.

tang

• Haha
Reactions: XV-1 and bonzo75

miniguy

Dec 18, 2013
San Diego area
I had an ATH-2. We are talking Airtight right? I bought it just to try it. It did not work in my system and made me wonder why bother having in the chain. I even used it with its own Airtight Opus and MSL Platinum. It made my Opus and MLS sound mediocre. So I sold it cheap to Howie. Howie didn't seem to like it either. Probably already passed on to the Third victim. :)

Just want to give the other side of the view.

tang
Was that the ATH-2A or the ATH-2 REF? Big difference. If the knobs were not gold colored, it wasn’t the REF.

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
IHad the first ATH2 (not A) and sold it for a Live Sound with Hashimoto. No regrets. But the Ref seems different, better done, and now I have several carts. That’s why I asked.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Was that the ATH-2A or the ATH-2 REF? Big difference. If the knobs were not gold colored, it wasn’t the REF.
I had the REF. The gold knob.

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
Mini guy I have the Live Sound Hashimoto HM7. For the mono cart I have the old Ortofon T30. Not bad but not as good as the LS

miniguy

Dec 18, 2013
San Diego area
So 2 very different opinions about the ATH2 Ref….
See post #36

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I have a Tango MCT 999 SUT in yamamura case with Western electric cabling that I will sell one day after compares. I bought it and is still in box, 2k euro. Collectible because of the yamamura WE association

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
What SUT do you use now?
I am not using any now. I listened to WE 618B on two systems. It sounded quite impressive comparing with and without other transformers that were used in both systems. So I bought one now waiting for delivery.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I have a Tango MCT 999 SUT in yamamura case with Western electric cabling that I will sell one day after compares. I bought it and is still in box, 2k euro. Collectible because of the yamamura WE association
You say 2K in forum. This means you had it for 1.5 max. ;)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing