What turntables do you use? Pictures would be nice as well :-)

Cableman

Dec 27, 2013
Turntable: Oscar Tentogra Poland
Arm: Thales AV Switzerland
Cart: DS Audio Japan
Cables : Ecosse Reference UK
Rack: Audiostone Norway

The turntable was heavily modified by the manufacturer to take the Thales arm. As he put it ‘the arm, though superb when you get it working, was made by a watch maker, it’s finicky as hell’. He’s right by the way

The turntable has a band along the front that lights up. Very cool actually.

Attachments

• 93B73023-800D-41CA-B5A3-DC0AE2397FFE.jpeg
    93B73023-800D-41CA-B5A3-DC0AE2397FFE.jpeg
    510.3 KB · Views: 38

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
So the plinth arrived, congrats! Pls share some thoughts? What sonic advantage does the new plinth offer and how significant is it? Does it require an A/B/A comparison or is it clearly audible from just one swap? Thanks.

thanks. Yea, after a 4 month wait it finally arrived. Lee is very busy, which is a good thing. the plinth is ready for the 9 bolt SP10-R if the SP10mk3 ever gives up the ghost, as it is 40 years old.

The technics plinth always had a somewhat lean and grey sounding reputation which is incorrect - but it is fast and lively.
The new plinth seems quieter as the noise floor has lowered and a little more relaxed in overall sonic delivery. Deep bass is a definite improvement which is giving a slightly fuller sound. I am getting better soundstage, especially depth - one thing that great belt drives do really well, DD generally not so great. This better depth of sound is enabling me to hear more details in the mid range.
The changes did not need an A/B/A.

Overall a nice improvement whilst maintaining what great DD's do well - bass that is continuous with control and speed.

cheers

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Turntable: Oscar Tentogra Poland
Arm: Thales AV Switzerland
Cart: DS Audio Japan
Cables : Ecosse Reference UK
Rack: Audiostone Norway

The turntable was heavily modified by the manufacturer to take the Thales arm. As he put it ‘the arm, though superb when you get it working, was made by a watch maker, it’s finicky as hell’. He’s right by the way

The turntable has a band along the front that lights up. Very cool actually.

sweet. I have never seen an original Thales tonearm on a table. nice.

Hilroy48

Sep 15, 2021
Regina Sk Canada
My Current setup is a Rega P3 with a Goldring 2300 Cart. I recently upgraded to a white belt, and a Michael Lim aluminum sub platter with an acrylic main plater. I am running a Sugden A21 two stage Phono .

My new setup on the way is a Marantz TT 15-S1 table with a Goldring Eroica LX cart. Also purchased a new Saturn Audio 400 Series phono preamp.

Attachments

• 20211117_085842.jpg
    20211117_085842.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20211117_090301.jpg
    20211117_090301.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: XV-1

Cableman

Dec 27, 2013
Linn LP12 / Naim ARO Tonearm / Benz Ruby Zebrawood Moving Coil / DC Motor & Power Supply

Best wishes to all for great health, love and happiness this holiday season :)
Don View attachment 85250

View attachment 85251 View attachment 85251
I just don’t get the Linn LP12. I just don’t. And the factory is just a few miles up the road from me. Been to their listening room. Told them to switch off all the room correction. It was bloody awful. Auditioned the latest LP12 at home at the request of chairman Mr Tiefenbrun. Atrocious. As I said. I just don’t get the Linn

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
I just don’t get the Linn LP12. I just don’t. And the factory is just a few miles up the road from me. Been to their listening room. Told them to switch off all the room correction. It was bloody awful. Auditioned the latest LP12 at home at the request of chairman Mr Tiefenbrun. Atrocious. As I said. I just don’t get the Linn
The linn lp12 is a excellent turntable When set up correct.

Reactions: No Regrets

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
in 2019 I felt in love with the new Kuzma Stabi R turntable, now I am setting up the

Kuzma Stabi R wood version

with

Sorane TA-1 and TA-1L tonearm

and as a first shot

Phasemation cartridges.

As Phonostage my current favorite

RCM "The Big Phono"

will temporary connect them to my Preamp

IMG_7260.jpg IMG_7261.jpg IMG_7262.jpg IMG_7263.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing