What turntables do you use? Pictures would be nice as well :-)

audioquattr

VIP/Donor
Sep 7, 2016
Netherlands
Beautiful setup, weldone!
And a very nice sharp picture!

TW-Acustic Black Night | DIY air suspension base | SME 312s w/ van den Hul Colibri Signature | TW-Acustic 10.5 w/ Benz LP-S (MR) | Origin Live Enterprise C 12“ w/ Ortofon MC Anna | TW-Acustic 10.5 w/ Lyra Atlas | in the drawer: Lyra Titan i | Ortofon MC 7500

Reactions: hogen

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Brinkmann Lagrange with Ront.

To the right with Marantz Consolettes.... sometimes I wonder why I chase my tail with other phono stages
IMG_1786.jpg

To the left with the full blown Io with two supplies and volume controls with Eclipse status

IMG_1785saved.jpg

With 4 point, Brinkmann 12.1 and FR 64s

IMG_1788.jpg

trekpilot

Apr 30, 2018
Germantown, WI
I built this turntable about 10+ years ago with the help of Thom Mackris of Galibier Designs I'm using his bearing assembly, motor and speed control. The Tri-Planar "tribute" tonearm I made last year and it is a big step up from the Rega RB900 that I used previously. The cartridge is a ZYX Fuji.
TT.2018.jpg

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
A bit of rearranging so I could get my LP12 up and running again. It's sounding great with Lyra Delos cart running thru the TW phono stage. All 4 tables up and running to play at any time.
From left
LP12 / Naim ARO / Lyra Delos
Technics SP10mk3 / Thales Simplicity II / Lyra Atlas Lambda SL
Pioneer Exclusive P3 / Lyra Etna SL
TW Acoustik AC-3 / SME 3012R / Dynavector XV-1S

hurdy_gurdyman

Nov 7, 2020
My favorite turntable in the rotation. Looks quaint, but this 1966 Garrard Lab 80 sounds a whole lot better than what most would think. It has a Grado G+ cartridge with an 8MZ stylus.
Dave front-angle-no cover-b-mc.jpg

Last edited:

Direct Drive

Sep 16, 2020
East Anglia, UK

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

YNWaN

Mar 13, 2020
UK
I designed and built the turntable - the result of many years experimentation.

You are quite right that the arm is a Naim ARO but the photo is a little out of date in that I now use the (similar looking) Tigerpaw Javelin - the armboard and record clamp are now different too.

Reactions: docvale and XV-1

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I designed and built the turntable - the result of many years experimentation.

You are quite right that the arm is a Naim ARO but the photo is a little out of date in that I now use the (similar looking) Tigerpaw Javelin - the armboard and record clamp are now different too.

U r right. The Tigerpaw looks like a copy of the ARO.
Does it sound better or different to an ARO?

YNWaN

Mar 13, 2020
UK
It actually looks more like an ARO than it really is - if that makes sense?

Sound wise I would say it a significant improvement on the ARO.

Reactions: XV-1

MTB Vince

May 11, 2019
Dundas, ON Canada
My Oracle Delphi V went back to the Mothership in early December, returning a few days before Christmas as a Delphi VI Reference and almost 40 pounds heavier due to the new granite plinth. Sitting on the floor adjacent the rack is Oracle's premium Turbo power supply. The arm is an SME V hosting a Benz LP-S cartridge.

IMG_9332.JPG

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing