What SONG are you listening to right now?

Good for those that live within travelling distance...
He does not get the recognition he derseves..Any ages should enjoy this if you like 'pop'

NME will host the second day of a special music festival to mark the launch of Boxpark Croydon on Sunday, October 30. Rising stars A2, Alfa Mist, Barney Artist, Club Kuru, Jay Prince, Nova Twins and Tailr.Mde.Lvn are all confirmed to perform, with more acts to be announced in due course. Tickets are free and fans can register their interest here.

Something different .....but brilliant.

Born in a nomad camp in Niger and now a leading figure of desert rock, Mdou Moctar stands out as the most innovative artist in contemporary Saharan music. His unconventional interpretations of Tuareg guitar have pushed him to the forefront of a crowded scene. In contrast to polished “world music” fare, Mdou trades in unrelenting grit and has no qualms about going full shred. A long time coming, “Ilana” is Mdou's first true studio album. Recorded in Detroit at the tail end of a US tour by engineer Chris Koltay (who met after bonding over ZZ Top's “Tres Hombres”), Mdou lived in studio for a week, playing into the early hours and accompanied by an all-star band: Ahmoudou Madassane's (Les Filles de Illighadad) lighting fast rhythm guitar, Aboubacar Mazawadje's machine gun drums, and Michael Coltun's structured low-end bass. The result is Mdou's most ambitious record to date, taking tradition into into an ever louder and blistering direction. From the rock anthem “Tarhatazed,” to the Van Halen tapping of “Kamane Tarhanin,” “Ilana” stands amongst the greats of classic rock, albeit accidentally. "I don't know what rock is, I have no idea,” he says, “I only know how to play my style."

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing