What is new in my music library? (recent purchases I enjoy)

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
Sly & The Family Stone - Back On The Right Track

Sly & The Family Stone.jpg

Nina Simone - Little Girl Blue

Nina Simone - Little Girl Blue.jpg

Bonobo - Fragments

Bonobo - Fragments.jpg

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
If anyone was thinking of buying that Bonobo – Fragments I referenced above on LP, I recommend you don’t. Its noisy for starters and it had distorted sound, it got a bit better by side 2 of the first LP but still not good. I gave up and did not listen to the second LP, I took it back and got something else. A load of money for a pile of junk. :( How that got past QC is beyond me.

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
Yello - Zebra

Yello - Zebra.jpg

Yello - Pocket Universe

Yello - Pocket Universe.jpg

Reactions: PhonoDac2704

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
Steve Vai - Inviolate

Steve Vai.jpg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
A tremendous collection of remasters by HDTT: https://www.highdeftapetransfers.ca/

...just arrived today...still making our way through them. But the Grumiaux is spectacular and having found a rare remastering, this is at least its equal plus it is all the pieces.

The Bill Evans Waltz for Debby is in fact superior to our also rare discs/remasterings. Same goes for Coltrane Ballads but we just have the still excellent regular OJC for comparison. Did not have Know What I Mean so no reference, but have to say the sound is stunning.

More to come. For those who are intrigued with Pristine Records (also very good)...so far our experience here is really good. There is the Furtwangler Beethoven 9th 1943...MOST interested to hear how that compares with the other remasterings we have (incl Pristine which is a far better remastering than its Tahra and other early predecessor remasterings.)

Word is that the Furtwangler 9th by HDTT surpasses even the Pristine.

Product imageDescriptionQuantityPrice
Johann Sebastian Bach, Arthur Grumiaux ?– Sonatas & Partitas BWV 1001-1006 - 24K Gold Compact Disc Double Album

Johann Sebastian Bach, Arthur Grumiaux ?– Sonatas & Partitas BWV 1001-100624K Gold Compact Disc Double Album1
Duke Ellington - Blues In Orbit (Pure DSD) - 24K Gold Compact Disc (Full Jewel Box)

Duke Ellington - Blues In Orbit (Pure DSD)24K Gold Compact Disc (Full Jewel Box)
Cannonball Adderley With Bill Evans ?– Know What I Mean? (PURE DSD) - 24K Gold Compact Disc (Full Jewel Box)

Cannonball Adderley With Bill Evans ?– Know What I Mean? (PURE DSD)24K Gold Compact Disc (Full Jewel Box)
John Coltrane Quartet Ballads - 24K Gold Compact Disc (Full Jewel Box)

John Coltrane Quartet Ballads24K Gold Compact Disc (Full Jewel Box)
Bill Evans Trio - Waltz For Debby (Pure DSD) - 24K Gold Compact Disc (Full Jewel Box)

Bill Evans Trio - Waltz For Debby (Pure DSD)24K Gold Compact Disc (Full Jewel Box)
Monica Zetterlund & Bill Evans ?– Waltz For Debby (Pure DSD) - 24K Gold Compact Disc (Full Jewel Box)
Monica Zetterlund & Bill Evans ?– Waltz For Debby (Pure DSD)24K Gold Compact Disc (Full Jewel Box)

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
I just bought the Denon one because I read about these early digital recordings just last week and wondered about the SQ and this is an original one from 1974.

2x_LP.jpg

KyoichiOda

Feb 10, 2021
1660130374256.png

KyoichiOda

Feb 10, 2021
1660130412153.png

Reactions: rando

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing