What are some great 300B SET amps $5-7K?

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
I think the reason is different. GM70, 845 and 211 tubes are close, but Lamm has known and used GM70 for a long time. In addition, GM70 is more powerful.

I emphasize again that in my opinion the amplifier is so expensive because it did what almost no one does: the lower operating frequency of 8.5 Hz. This makes the sound more natural.
I say this because our internal standard is 7-8 Hz and a comparison with amplifiers with a lower frequency of 20 Hz is very strongly heard not in favor of 20 Hz.

In our 6C4C monoblocks, we got 4.5 Hz (upper frequency 60 kHz).

I wrote about objective parameters, and we have a dispute about personal perception and I do not see the meaning in it, because we are all different.

We can make an amplifier with a much better sound for 10% of this cost. For example, as in the photo.
You seem not to have read section 13 of the forum terms and conditions when you signed up Viz :

13. If you work in any industry relevant to the topics discussed in our forum, you must show that clearly in your signature. While we encourage our industry insiders to use their real names (or parts thereof), aliases are allowed as user names.

Reactions: acousticsguru

SVS

Jan 19, 2020
Ukraine, Vinnytsia
sound-design-atelier.com
Excuse me?! First of all, I’m no member of any „team“, and secondly, I’m not in the business, and have no intention of selling you anything.

Do I understand correctly you’re offering a free sample for demo e.g. among audiophiles here in Switzerland and nearby Liechtenstein, to be returned at no cost if we find it does not back up your claims of superior sound quality?

If so, and you stand behind your claim, feel free to PM anytime! The very least you can expect is fair feedback, needless to say, if your product is indeed better sounding than the ones we discussed, I’ll buy the demo unit.

In addition, I’ll see to it that @christoph and @morricab would get to demo your product in their respective systems.

Greetings from Switzerland, David.
Sorry, I misunderstood the reference to you in this correspondence. I have no intention of buying anything from you either

I agree to provide a free sample, but you should pay for the shipping. Other conditions suit me. Now we make several pairs of monoblocks. One pair does not have a customer and in about 6-8 weeks I will be able to ship them to you. I will try to do it sooner.

SVS

Jan 19, 2020
Ukraine, Vinnytsia
sound-design-atelier.com
You seem not to have read section 13 of the forum terms and conditions when you signed up Viz :

13. If you work in any industry relevant to the topics discussed in our forum, you must show that clearly in your signature. While we encourage our industry insiders to use their real names (or parts thereof), aliases are allowed as user names.
I'm sorry, in my account I specified my website, which shows what I do.
I will make a correction.

acousticsguru

Feb 17, 2014
Sorry, I misunderstood the reference to you in this correspondence. I have no intention of buying anything from you either

I agree to provide a free sample, but you should pay for the shipping. Other conditions suit me. Now we make several pairs of monoblocks. One pair does not have a customer and in about 6-8 weeks I will be able to ship them to you. I will try to do it sooner.
Deal! 6?33? mono block demo units. Will pay for shipping. Contact me via PM when you're ready! Thanks!

Reactions: Golum

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Reactions: SVS

Phon@ix

Jul 27, 2019
ZRH
Hey everyone

I got the sound design atelier SE-33 demo units from a. g. to try it in my system.
All I can say: „These monos sound amazing!!!“…
IMG_5534.jpeg
Very accurate, clean and dynamic. Not to warm but still like a tube amp. That’s exactly what I like. No pipe and slippers music but still organic and natural sounding.

Tbh: This is one of the very best amp combo I heard so far at my place. IMG_5530.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5103.jpeg
    IMG_5103.jpeg
    873.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5532.jpeg
    IMG_5532.jpeg
    666.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5533.jpeg
    IMG_5533.jpeg
    647.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5107.jpeg
    IMG_5107.jpeg
    568.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5106.jpeg
    IMG_5106.jpeg
    922.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

acousticsguru

Feb 17, 2014
Hey everyone

I got the sound design studio demo units from a. g. to try it in my system. All I can say: „These monos sound amazing!!!“…
View attachment 114149
Very accurate, clean and dynamic. Not to warm but still like a tube amp. That’s exactly what I like. No pipe and slippers music but still organic and natural sounding.

Tbh: This is one of the very best amp combo I heard so far at my place. View attachment 114151
Thought bass extension and control on these amazing, too. The 128-step resistor network volume control in 0.5dB is a unique feature as well (can be bypassed, seem to remember you're using an autoformer?).

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Thought bass extension and control on these amazing, too. The 128-step resistor network volume control in 0.5dB is a unique feature as well (can be bypassed, seem to remember you're using an autoformer?).

Can't wait to try them at my place :D

Phon@ix

Jul 27, 2019
ZRH

I‘m using it full on and do vol ctrl. with icOn4 Pro + LampizatOr. I like to play the gain raiding game ;)

SVS

Jan 19, 2020
Ukraine, Vinnytsia
sound-design-atelier.com
Not to warm but still like a tube amp. That’s exactly what I like. No pipe and slippers music but still organic and natural sounding.
The efficiency of the output tube is more than 30%, so it does not heat much. If you count the total power consumption, including heaters, then the total efficiency is about 15%. This is an energy-saving amplifier among tube devices.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
The very least you can expect is fair feedback, needless to say, if your product is indeed better sounding than the ones we discussed, I’ll buy the demo unit.
I've read the entire thread and would be fair and square to read about the comprehensive feedback on these pages (i know it from @Phonatix side)...

Thanks David!
Cheers from Lausanne

Phon@ix

Jul 27, 2019
ZRH
After a little carpentry work, the monos are placed in the sideboard. They are now well burned in and the sound has setteled in. The Symposium Svelte Shelf also helped to make the amps sound a little clearer than when they were sited on the furniture before.
IMG_5622.jpeg
Will test other footers and fuses in the fall. I am very happy that the Monos found their way to me via this thread - thx 2: christoph and acousticsguru. Serhii is now building me a remote ctrl with a similar color to the one from LampizatOr‘s TRP. He’s really a great guy who builds phantastic amplifiers.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing