WADAX dedicated forum

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Thanks. Would really like to hear Gryphon's Apex and Boulder 3060...best done in Portugal it seems! Ultimate is a great place.
Sure , plus lisbon is a great place to visit.
Check out those Perlisten subs too .
One of , if not the best subs ive heard

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Sure , plus lisbon is a great place to visit.
Check out those Perlisten subs too .
One of , if not the best subs ive heard
Great stuff! What about the Perlisten subs impressed you? I went the site...did you hear the dual 15s?

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Great stuff! What about the Perlisten subs impressed you? I went the site...did you hear the dual 15s?

I think i heard the D215 S , they sounded clean / relatively in phase with the main speakers with no real delay .
However if i was to buy a Rockport lyra personally , i would probably put them in a smaller room which they could more easily pressurize and skip on the last 5-8 Hz .
Plus put a Gryphon Apex at the helm or high power push pull tubes .

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
When you buy a(n) very) expensive digital component like a dac or server you expect the various manufacturers to update these devices periodically. Ideally this is achieved remotely so there is no need to ship heavy / vulnerable / expensive equipment and avoid shipping costs (in these ‘expensive’ times with very high fuel costs a big bonus).

Our member Kawero mentioned elsewhere on WBF that his Wadax reference server was updated last weekend. Coincidentally I had scheduled a telephone call with Javier of Wadax yesterday so I took the opportunity to ask him inter alia about this update. Wadax was so kind to start with the remote (software) update of their reference server yesterday and today Wadax also upgraded (the software of) my reference dac.

I am listening now for about an hour or so after these updates were finished and to all Wadax reference owners I can rapport that Kawero was completely right: this upgrade is quite significant! Somehow Wadax managed to lower the noisefloor and as a consequence the musical presentation has become (even) more fluid, serene, pure and transparent. Furthermore I experience a presentation with more ‘air’. Or to use a ‘dangerous’ expression in this digital thread: a more ‘analog like’ presentation without the analog drawbacks.

In short: for all Wadax reference owners these are updates to look forward to and ‘cherish’.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
When you buy a(n) very) expensive digital component like a dac or server you expect the various manufacturers to update these devices periodically. Ideally this is achieved remotely so there is no need to ship heavy / vulnerable / expensive equipment and avoid shipping costs (in these ‘expensive’ times with very high fuel costs a big bonus).

Our member Kawero mentioned elsewhere on WBF that his Wadax reference server was updated last weekend. Coincidentally I had scheduled a telephone call with Javier of Wadax yesterday so I took the opportunity to ask him inter alia about this update. Wadax was so kind to start with the remote (software) update of their reference server yesterday and today Wadax also upgraded (the software of) my reference dac.

I am listening now for about an hour or so after these updates were finished and to all Wadax reference owners I can rapport that Kawero was completely right: this upgrade is quite significant! Somehow Wadax managed to lower the noisefloor and as a consequence the musical presentation has become (even) more fluid, serene, pure and transparent. Furthermore I experience a presentation with more ‘air’. Or to use a ‘dangerous’ expression in this digital thread: a more ‘analog like’ presentation without the analog drawbacks.

In short: for all Wadax reference owners these are updates to look forward to and ‘cherish’.
I agree as I had mine done as well. This is another good example of "you don't know what you don't know until you know :)

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
after spending a few days with the optical update from Javier and the guys at Wadax I have to say this is really superb. I think after every show I do I get the itch to reinsert myself into trying to get more from my room and system. I don't like doing it on a schedule or for long stretches of time unless I have too, I don't find that fun but work. I digress. After PAF and spending some time with Kevin Wolff he showed me a new toy which is a very cool leveling device. I came home and ordered it and one evening after hours I decided to do some work in the SR. I was really thrilled at what I managed to get and improve in the sound of the system which was already the best I have had here. This until two days ago when I received the update on my Wadax. Now before everyone gets all up in this its not the type of thin that changed the world or really even did something you would point too but rather its like they managed to give me MORE. I like MORE and there is MORE. The server and dac are already in my opinion something unique and different. Now i have had three of my regular listeners come over and listen. I did this without telling them anything just said come on buy I have some music I want to play for you and they did.
The comments were "what did you do to your room/"
I can't believe I have goosebumps all over"
"I felt like crying that was so beautiful"

The ability to have the music float in the air and make the room vanish is I think
again more signal and less noise. Is it noise that you notice is missing ? More signal? less distortion? I know this is hard for me to explain but its just fun.and M O R E! Somethings there are no words for me to express that I have gotten lost for a period of time and now I am back. That's more.
I played to day
Prologue - from the Spielberg West Side Story Soundtrack
Kol Nidre - from the Aaron Rosand and John Covelli Hebraic Legacies on audiofon
Jeff Beck- Brush with the Blues- from Who Else!
Keith Richards - words of wonder - from Main Offender
Temptations Pappa was a rollin Stone - from Psychedelic Soul
and last and not least the emotional
Al Green How do you mend a broken heart- from Let's Stay together

Oh yeah no high res, maybe one 24/96

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Looks like you have been enjoying yourselves tremendously (or MORE in your own words) yesterday and good to read that other folks love this update from Wadax as well.
As mentioned before Elliot, if you would invite Miguel from Tripoint Audio and let him add the Elite NG ‘ground’ station and one of his Tripoint grounding cables, I promise you that you will definitely experience MORE, MORE, MORE ….:)

Reactions: Elliot G.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Looks like you have been enjoying yourselves tremendously (or MORE in your own words) yesterday and good to read that other folks love this update from Wadax as well.
Miguel has been to my room a few times and has threatened to do just that but alas he has never come through and amazed me :)

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
By the way shortly I will be receiving the first pair of Divin Sovereigns and will be installing and dialing them into my system and I expect this to bring me some MORE as well. I was truly thrilled at what i saw and heard in Munich so that will happen I expect in Sept.

Reactions: Audiocrack

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Miguel has been to my room a few times and has threatened to do just that but alas he has never come through and amazed me :)
As you probably know due to personal circumstances Miguel needed to pay a lot of attention to matters not related to audio. I hope for him / his family (and I believe) the latter will change soon.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
As you probably know due to personal circumstances Miguel needed to pay a lot of attention to matters not related to audio. I hope for him / his family (and I believe) the latter will change soon.
I did not know and thanks for the heads up. I too wish him and his family the best.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
If you speak with him, please send him our prayers again. I spoke with him a couple of months ago, but purposely wanted to leave him to focus.

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
Time to play with settings some more on the DAC and Server.

The meat of the sound is already there. Like installing speakers, having two people makes it easier to hear things as it occurs versus running back and forth.

On the DAC 4V does seem to be best, now for impedance which is interesting to me. Server settings are a completely different world to conquer.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
PAF2022award.jpg

Reactions: facten

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Reactions: facten

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations, Elliot!

Reactions: Elliot G.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Reactions: Ron Resnick

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing