WA-Quantum Chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
I view their value as art objects. If they have beauty and are capable of re-orienting my perceptions in a way that is interesting, positive or unique, than that may be an actual enhancement

I understand that concept, but not on a "quantum" level.

Well, the bulk of my gear is so "industrial" looking ...

... no tweak can save it from ugly.

Perhaps I should wait till Geoff Kait or Bernd Ahne build a cloaking device?

tb1

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
stancor-stax.jpg

Showed this one one headphone forum, DIY Stax transformer adaptor rebuilt with Stancor old iron PP transformers.

I thought it might be so ugly, it was cute, but decided that it is actually not just ugly but fugly. Will rewire it and get a cover for it someday.

It sounds fantasticly good with 300b's and Stax Lambda.

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
I just read about these same chips being used in sports performance.

The zany story of two self ordained sports science entrepreneurs

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nf...ed-numerous-athletes/?sct=hp_t11_a2&eref=sihp

Dial smirked, bemused. "What happened," Key said, "was the frequencies from the phone, as soon as they came into your energy field, they zapped ya, like a Taser."

And then Key passed out his remedy for the frequencies: stickers, which he calls chips, bearing holograms of a pyramid. Key told the players that on game day they should place the chips on three acupuncture points -- one on the inside of each wrist before they tape their arms (the chips also come embedded in bracelets), and one over the heart

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nf...b-that-lured-numerous-athletes/#ixzz2MKug6Tq6

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
View attachment 8497

Showed this one one headphone forum, DIY Stax transformer adaptor rebuilt with Stancor old iron PP transformers.

I thought it might be so ugly, it was cute, but decided that it is actually not just ugly but fugly. Will rewire it and get a cover for it someday.

It sounds fantasticly good with 300b's and Stax Lambda.

Oh my. Does that thing actually work? It looks like a disaster.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Oh my. Does that thing actually work? It looks like a disaster.

It works very well indeed. My headphone sound is really top notch these days, but better not to look at it too much.

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Are those cables or arteries?
Trying to work out if it is mechanical or alive :)
Cheers
Orb

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Are those cables or arteries?
Trying to work out if it is mechanical or alive :)
Cheers
Orb

It does look like an operation that went horribly wrong. :D

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
It survives by eating insects and small animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing