• Mitt Romney

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if girls 1 was trick or treating for 4 hours in the blistering cold in the hood in Chicago and collected 10 pieces, and girl 2 was driven around in a subdivision in Greewich Connecticut for 1 hour in her mom's Cadillac Escalade and collected 100 pieces?

Where did the money for the Escalade come from?

Hehe....Mike, the one that is italicized is the one you voted for. ;)

Tom

This thread is a pretty hot potato. I'm counting down how many more posts before it gets shut down. One thing is for sure, no one is going to change their mind about who is the better candidate....regardless of the facts presented. BTW, Mitt owns a nice home on the ocean in the town I live in, he paid a paltry $12M for it...all cash. The house is in the process of being "remodeled". I should have gone to his house last night and 'trick or treated'...;)

Here's my voting story from a few years ago, and it is not 'political.' We vote at a small church down the road. The folks who supervise are, shall we say, from the greatest generation and are not the most acute in the 'hearing' department. So, I walk up to the makeshift counter, the old guy behind it says "howarya?" To which I reply: "I'm groovy." He says: "That's line 'G'".
Now, the killer, on top of that, is that 'line G' is right there, next to line 'F' and line 'H', right in front of him. Color me confused too.
The machine seems to be worn out. Or at least that's what the lady monitoring it thinks, because after the previous voter leaves the curtained enclosure, they can't really get it to re-set, and they are not sure they tallied her vote. Of course, the voter has already left the building, or damn near, by the time they figure this out, and monitor lady races (well, she was wearing sneakers), so despite her advanced years, she managed to snag the now departing voter and bring her back. Then we had to go through a manual voting procedure, just in case. I asked the lady monitor: "What happens if the machine actually counted her vote? Won't that be two votes?" She looked at me, dumbfounded.
I waved to the old guy after I voted. He said "howarya?"
And so it goes.

Last edited:
Here's my voting story from a few years ago, and it is not 'political.' We vote at a small church down the road. The folks who supervise are, shall we say, from the greatest generation and are not the most acute in the 'hearing' department. So, I walk up to the makeshift counter, the old guy behind it says "howarya?" To which I reply: "I'm groovy." He says: "That's line 'G'".
Now, the killer, on top of that, is that 'line G' is right there, next to line 'F' and line 'H', right in front of him. Color me confused too.
The machine seems to be worn out. Or at least that's what the lady monitoring it thinks, because after the previous voter leaves the curtained enclosure, they can't really get it to re-set, and they are not sure they tallied her vote. Of course, the voter has already left the building, or damn near, by the time they figure this out, and monitor lady races (well, she was wearing sneakers), so despite her advanced years, she managed to snag the now departing voter and bring her back. Then we had to go through a manual voting procedure, just in case. I asked the lady monitor: "What happens if the machine actually counted her vote? Won't that be two votes?" She looked at me, dumbfounded.
I waved to the old guy after I voted. He said "howarya?"
And so it goes.
:)

I was marveling at stone age process of filling in circles one by one to vote on issues in paper ballet. I can manage any amount of money I have online. But somehow we don't trust computers to vote. I am pretty sure we would get a lot more people to vote if this was online. And would save a bundle on printing all of these pamphlets.

I was marveling at stone age process of filling in circles one by one to vote on issues in paper ballet. I can manage any amount of money I have online. But somehow we don't trust computers to vote. I am pretty sure we would get a lot more people to vote if this was online. And would save a bundle on printing all of these pamphlets.

And just think of the revenue which could be generated from advertising on the voting website!

The only problem is that the US Court System hasn't even figured out how e-mail works, yet.

EDIT: I just noticed that the WBF polls close next Thursday. That's two extra days! We should have all waited to vote, so we could have cast our vote only for the actual winner! :D

The only problem is that the US Court System hasn't even figured out how e-mail works, yet.

EDIT: I just noticed that the WBF polls close next Thursday. That's two extra days! We should have all waited to vote, so we could have cast our vote only for the actual winner! :D
Win, the federal system does make provision for e-filing of briefs, motions, and the like, but that's not the same as writing the judge, which still has to be done the old fashioned way.

Theoretically, there could be better records and accountability too, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Access to computers alone could be a disputed issue, and then you get into validating credentials, etc., all the stuff that's being fought over in our more antiquated 'brick and mortar' voting system. I think there is also something about the symbolic act of going to a polling place.
Davey- I agree that the topic raises potential 'political' discussion, I'm trying to focus on the process of voting, per se.
Which, i guess is a political issue too, but I'm deliberately being party or candidate agnostic in my discussions here.

Win, the federal system does make provision for e-filing of briefs, motions, and the like, but that's not the same as writing the judge, which still has to be done the old fashioned way.
I know, but courts still accept e-mails as legitimate evidence. I find that to be absolutely amazing.

The opportunity for fraud in any cyberspace environment is boundless. That was my real point.

Good morning, gentlemen. Does anybody wonder what affect hurricane Sandy will have on the elections? Many areas are still in bad shape and without power.

Tom

Good morning, gentlemen. Does anybody wonder what affect hurricane Sandy will have on the elections? Many areas are still in bad shape and without power.

Tom

It all depends on which candidate who, in the non-affected states, has more dead or non-existing or illegals vote for them. Remember: Vote early and vote often !!!

It all depends on which candidate who, in the non-affected states, has more dead or non-existing or illegals vote for them. Remember: Vote early and vote often !!!

Or does a better job of voter supression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing