May 24, 2010
Sydney
RIP

Will Lamm as a company continue?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
RIP

Will Lamm as a company continue?
that's the plan......there are some moves afoot. as I understand it, his daughter is now in charge and many options are being considered

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
So saddened to hear of this. Thank you for your invaluable contributions to our hobby. My sincerest condolences go out to your family and friends.

May you rest in peace.

Tom

Reactions: ddk

pcosta

Jul 25, 2010
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I am saddened by this news, RIP Vladimir.
My condolences go out to his family and friends.
I was lucky enough to own the Lamm ML 1 for many years, he was always generous with his time and would talk to me on the phone even to answer the simplest of questions.

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca

leyenda

Mar 2, 2011
Sad news RIP Vladimir.

I have never met or talked to Vladimir but with a full stack of Lamms I have nothing but highest regards to him. My first listen to Lamm was the ML2 driving WGrandSlamm some ten years ago. The tone was so good and different to the AlexandriaS2 that I was helping a friend set up in his room to no success. My attention was not on the simple looking tiny watt amp so my conclusion was the GrandSlamm was a better speaker. When XLF came out my conclusion was still that the GrandSlamm was a better speaker. With the ML2 in my own system last year, some ten years after my first encounter with it do I realize it was actually those simple looking tiny watt amp called Lamm doing the work and not the GrandSlamm. There is a house sound in all of Lamm equipment that is very addictive. Vladimir goes down as one of the greatest audio designers in my book and the industry lost a giant.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Sad sad news. I remember when I bought my first Lamm amp I ended I speaking to him on the phone and he was quite the character. I was both impressed and grateful he took the time to speak with me when I had bought the amps second hand.

Certainly a legend. RIP.

Klonk

Mar 4, 2012
Sorry to hear. A legend in the HighEnd industry. Condolence to his family.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I am very sorry, David, to learn of his passing. I am very sorry you lost a dear, life-long friend.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Sad sad news. I remember when I bought my first Lamm amp I ended I speaking to him on the phone and he was quite the character. I was both impressed and grateful he took the time to speak with me when I had bought the amps second hand.

Certainly a legend. RIP.
Elina would always answer the phone and then would always put Vladimir on the phone. He always had time to talk to everyone and the quote of his "that there is a piece of me in very component I make" is one which we all heard and nodded our affirmations of such. He always would tweak very component to his satisfaction before it was sent out

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
So sorry to hear this! RIP MR Lamm.

Scaena1

Industry Expert
Sep 13, 2010
With a heavy heart I announce the death of my dear friend and mentor Vladimir Lamm. I lost a friend and the audio world lost his best, RIP Vladimir you’ll be missed.

https://www.lammindustries.com/

View attachment 92562

david
David,

Sad news. His light shone brightly from the love for his family and for his work.
The world is a little dimmer today.

In sympathy,

Alan Eichenbaum

Scaena Loudspeakers

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Also am saddened to hear of Vladimir Lamms passing. His work has left a legacy and has proven iconic. Hope he rests in peace.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Add my condolences to those of the others who have already chimed in with warm comments.. I've owned several Lamm pieces throughout the years and loved them. If he made a reference pre-amp with a remote control, I'd own one now. But we're not here to lament any of his gear that might have been, but the passing of a magnificent legend. May he RIP.

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing