Vitus SM-103 Monos Demo

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Many thanks. Before we switched to the Vitus SM-103s, we tried a variety of other amps, including MSB, Gyrphon, Westminster Labs REIs, Pass Labs, and a few others. Once the 103s broke in the decision was immediately clear. You can’t unhear them, so nothing else would do.

I think MSB makes some great amps, but for me both their DACs and amps lack the warmth of natural sound. Not everyone is the same, so I can understand why some would like them. Our EMM DAC just barely edged out the Select II in our earlier testing. This said, I could have lived with the Select II, but it wasn’t my favorite. I didn’t know that they weren’t even recognized in the 2022 products of the year - I guess I need to read my copy. They did just come out with their Director. So, this may change the sound for the better.

I have listened to over 1000 Expensive Solidstate amplifiers and non of them come close to Vitus amplifiers. Vitus spend over 8 years to design an output stage for power amplifiers.
I have compared SIA-025 to Kondo 300b (Speaker was Wilson Alexandria X1 Series 1 around 95db over 4ohms) and Vitus was wonderful .
I do not say All DD speakers are good match with Vitus but if your speaker have good matching with Vitus and Vitus have enough power to drive the speaker then no SS design will sound better than Vitus.

Vitus will introduce 1.500.000 euro Studio Design Series (Transport/DAC/Pre/Power) in the future.

analyzer

VIP/Donor
May 20, 2016
Torino - Italy
Looked to the specs of the linestage, there's no details about gain in Db. odd and strange
Your Emmlabs PRE has very low gain (6 db) as some linestages of the new generation (Pilium for example) so take attention to the match with Power amps, also if pairing with same brand probably would result Ideal.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
I have listened to over 1000 Expensive Solidstate amplifiers and non of them come close to Vitus amplifiers. Vitus spend over 8 years to design an output stage for power amplifiers.
I have compared SIA-025 to Kondo 300b (Speaker was Wilson Alexandria X1 Series 1 around 95db over 4ohms) and Vitus was wonderful .
I do not say All DD speakers are good match with Vitus but if your speaker have good matching with Vitus and Vitus have enough power to drive the speaker then no SS design will sound better than Vitus.

Vitus will introduce 1.500.000 euro Studio Design Series (Transport/DAC/Pre/Power) in the future.
:rolleyes:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I always wondered how long it takes until the first "1-mio-component" surfaces :rolleyes:
Looks like we are very close for that to happen :oops:

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA

Lol. That's funny as Vitus was among the worst on my 96db speakers.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Vitus isn't a match for every speaker on the block, but with Magicos they are magical.

Reactions: Long Live Analog

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Vitus isn't a match for every speaker on the block, but with Magicos they are magical.
Yes, that’s the proper way to think of things. And in fact my friend with the same brand of speakers sold his integrateds to Magico owners. But best of 1000 amps is hyperbole.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Yes, that’s the proper way to think of things. And in fact my friend with the same brand of speakers sold his integrateds to Magico owners. But best of 1000 amps is hyperbole.
Yes, Hyperbole is what I thought Amir was going after in his statement. The only way I’ll trade in these SM-103 monos will be on a pair of Vitus MP-201 MKII monos. But it’s so good now I may not do it … There will be another level of goodness added when our Masterpiece Line Stage is added to the mix.

Last edited:

Easy Gliders

Oct 22, 2021
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Yes, Hyperbole is what I thought Amir was going after in his statement. The only way I’ll trade in these SM-103 monos will be on a pair of Vitus MP-201 MKII monos. But it’s so good now I may not do it … There will be another level of goodness added when our Masterpiece Line Stage is added to the mix.
Maybe you want to trade-in your SM-103 monos to the SM-103 MK.II?
Has your dealer/distributor informed you the SM-103 MK.II is now available?

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
As previously stated, “if” I ever change I will be obtaining the Vitus MP-201 MKII monos ….

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I have spend so much time to find a good cable for Vitus Amplification.

I have listened to :
- top of the line from Furutech
- top and mid level cables from Purist Audio
- Acoustic Revive
- Nordost Valhala 2
- Fadel Art Coherence
- Shunyata Research
- Transparent Cable
- Cardas Golden Reference
- top of the line Stealth
- Top of the line Van den hul
- Skogrand Cables

I think Skogrand was far better than all of those expensive cables.

Skogrand cables are very pure/transparent and Natural without adding any coloration to system.
Skogrand like vitus has very very beautiful/emotional midrange.

I have not connected Skogrand to Magico but you can Try it, it may open a new window in your system

Reactions: Audire

Easy Gliders

Oct 22, 2021
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
As previously stated, “if” I ever change I will be obtaining the Vitus MP-201 MKII monos ….
Have you listened to the MP-S201 stereo amplifier? The SM-103 monos are better than the MP-S201 stereo amplifier?

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Have you listened to the MP-S201 stereo amplifier? The SM-103 monos are better than the MP-S201 stereo amplifier?

I haven’t heard the MP-S201. However, being in the Masterpiece series I’m sure it sounds excellent. We really enjoy every Vitus piece we’ve heard. We’ve ordered a Masterpiece Line stage and Transport.

Boggy

Jan 16, 2013
I have spend so much time to find a good cable for Vitus Amplification.

I have listened to :
- top of the line from Furutech
- top and mid level cables from Purist Audio
- Acoustic Revive
- Nordost Valhala 2
- Fadel Art Coherence
- Shunyata Research
- Transparent Cable
- Cardas Golden Reference
- top of the line Stealth
- Top of the line Van den hul
- Skogrand Cables

I think Skogrand was far better than all of those expensive cables.

Skogrand cables are very pure/transparent and Natural without adding any coloration to system.
Skogrand like vitus has very very beautiful/emotional midrange.

I have not connected Skogrand to Magico but you can Try it, it may open a new window in your system
How about trying Jorma Cables?

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
How about trying Jorma Cables?
I had not Jorma Cables and I never listened to Jorma cables but Mike (Audio Federation) told me Jorma Design Cables are very very good specially in midrange.

Jorma owned by Marten if I am not mistaken.

Reactions: Audire

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing