Visit to Chris to See Magico M9 and VYGER and Pilium in Southlake, Texas

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I already know how zyx sounds and like it, thought not my favorite, but I would be happy with it. Grado I have compared at audioquattr's. It was nice but then audioquattr has other carts. At Anamighty's, the Reed 5T did not impress among their other arm combos. The Glanz with a Koetsu blue sky through consolidated and phasemation SUT was by far the best. The SUTs were used for various other carts. I also get to hear the 5T with the Atlas Lambda at KJ West One in London on my visits.

I don't think Ron's masala of IO Eclipse, VTL pre, and Jadis power underpowering the ribbons is a fair way to assess the arm/cart compares (Ron only has to upload his Mehta Mahler 3, recorded in September, to show the underpowering). In his polite visit report Al said Ron was not happy with his analog.

In other words, neither visit video will ever happen.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
In other words, neither visit video will ever happen.

Ron will probably move to horns before I get mine, then it might

• Haha
Reactions: Johan K and Lagonda

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
  • Haha
Reactions: Johan K

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
so what happened to the Diesis, or did you just listen to this room

But did you seriously Chris only to get 15 mins of clips on WBF video? You did not try to understand the various interesting gear he has at the venue including the Diesis beautifully set up and many triodes?

Bonzo tried to get some information about the horns at Chris’s wonderful show room, but Ron didn’t respond to these two posts at the beginning of the thread.

Ron has expressed a lot of interest in the avant-garde Trio horn package, so you never know.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Bonzo tried to get some information about the horns at Chris’s wonderful show room, but Ron didn’t respond to these two posts at the beginning of the thread.

Ron has expressed a lot of interest in the avant-garde Trio horn package, so you never know.
yes, either Ron didn't hear the Diesis speakers or didn't want to comment on them.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
With those LPs the Kondo Diesis would sound bad too

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

At some point Ron will buy the biggest version of the brand he is representing and find a buyer for his Gryphons. He has already moved the amps he prefers to the Clarisys, finding a tube amp line he can represent will be the next step. ;)

• Wow
Reactions: Johan K

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
At some point Ron will buy the biggest version of the brand he is representing and find a buyer for his Gryphons. He has already moved the amps he prefers to the Clarisys, finding a tube amp line he can represent will be the next step. ;)
Seems like a logical step if you don't want to pollute your system with filthy SS gear ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Seems like a logical step if you don't want to pollute your system with filthy SS gear ;)
Ron should put his money where his mouth is and get Aesthetix Atlas amps for his setup, he has recommended them to many people through the years, and has a good relationship with Jim White already. ;)

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Ron should put his money where his mouth is and get Aesthetix Atlas amps for his setup, he has recommended them to many people through the years, and has a good relationship with Jim White already. ;)
Might not be a bad choice. I and some of the Apogee lovers from the past were quite fond of the Sphinx Project 14 and Project 16 hybrids...they sounded VERY good on Apogees.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
How is that Horning phono working out, did i dodge a bullet on that one ?;)

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
How is that Horning phono working out, did i dodge a bullet on that one ?;)
Could be you did...it seems to have so much gain my cartridges distort from overload...looking into attenuation options.

Reactions: Lagonda

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
yes, either Ron didn't hear the Diesis speakers or didn't want to comment on them.
I liked very much the Diesis speakers at Bob's headquarters in Brooklyn.

I told Chris I would prefer to hear the Alsyvox over the Diesis.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
finding a tube amp line he can represent will be the next step. ;)

It remains the case that I would love to try a high-power (100+ watts) SET.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ron, the Magmas still have your name on the crates.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
50 watts would be plenty...trust me... :cool:
The full range Clarisys requires a little bit more power than the >200 Hz Pendragon ribbon panel.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing