UltraAnalogue Recordings to offer digital downloads of selected tapes.

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
Another interesting story of Tatsuki & bows...
I sponsored a concert for Tatsuki, playing the Paganini Violin Concerto No.1 with a local orchestra 2 years ago... He came with an 1715 Golden Period Stradivari violin, but when he played the Paganini cadenza, we both felt it sounded "too angelic" to be Paganini... his Leonard Tourte bow floated a gorgeous sound, more suited for Bach....

I handed him this Kittel bow, that we used in the "Tatsuki Narita" recording & suddenly his violin was transformed...!
It now had depth & growl, more suited to Paganini.... He looked at me with the expression "may I PLEASE use this for the concert...??" of course he used it to great success & the TSO assistant concertmaster was blown away by his playing & sound...

A bow is literally 1 stick (piece) of wood, but it can completely change the response of the violin....
The name Tourte is the "Strad" of bows, but there are several Tourte brothers... the older Leonard is not nearly as famous as younger brother Francois Xavier Tourte....

Fun stuff!

Ed

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Williams

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
I've just uploaded 8 tapes/downloads by star cellist Narek Hakhnazaryan... have a look at his management webpage: https://www.intermusica.co.uk/artist/Narek-Hakhnazaryan

Amazing video:

He won the Tchaikovsky Comp. 9 years ago & has an international solo career!

There are also 2 new Sample downloads: Please have a listen....
1) Brahms Hungarian Dance No.5
2) 2nd Mov't of the Shostakovich Cello Sonata....Narek is playing this with Danill Trifanov in Carnegie Hall, Jan 2021

https://ultraanaloguerecordings.com...wnloads-with-star-cellist-narek-hakhnazaryan/

Enjoy!

Ed

Last edited:

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
I just uploaded a great 24/192 kHz FLAC Sample track to the website:

It's a piece by Nicolo Paganini. As the story goes, he was in jail & all the strings on his violin were broken except 1.... so it's a piece all played on only the e string (high) of the violin... except here it's played on only the high string of the CELLO...
Paganini - Moses Variations from an opera by Rossini...

My sense is, it sounds even better on cello, Narek is amazing....! please have a listen...
https://ultraanaloguerecordings.com/new/shop-digital-downloads/

Ed

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing