Transparent Audio power cables

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Although we can find many reviews and debates on Transparent Audio ICs and speaker cables, the information about the effects of their power cables is scarce. I would be very interested in learning from other members about their Power Link Reference and Power Link MM2, mainly when used with a system using Transparent Audio ICs and SCs. One of the nice things about their power cables is that the most expensive costs around usd 2k - a bargain, compared to some competitors! :cool:

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I've used MM2s for the longest time, and they are very "full" sounding cables, with just a touch of high frequency noise.
They're not perfect, but they're not that expensive either, so I consider them good, all around cables. I remember my dCS liked it a lot.

alexandre

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I have Reference Powerlink on my pre an CD player but use the latest Powerlink MM2x version on my amps. They later were a slight bump in performance but a bit unwieldy to use for the other gear. Maybe in the near future I will upgrade those as well. All in all they were quieter than others I auditioned and I like what they did to the sound.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing