Time spent blogging on WBF and ROI

why are a higher percentage of threads more polarized on WBF than most High End Forums? even though many times the same topics get churned over again and again with neither side almost never giving in even a little.

without judging the right or wrong of it, there are more active objectivists as a percentage on WBF than is typical on other High End audio forums I'm familiar with, and those objectivists are quite active and seem to enjoy extending discussions. some of the objectivists followed the founders to WBF from AVS, and then the founders of AVS invited some 'experts' to participate and brought that perspective here.

many times on other forums objectivists get ignored or marginalized and are simply not attracted to those forums as much, and objectivists don't intrude as often or to the same effect. I think since there are enough objectivists on WBF to have some mutual support that this results in the objectivist perspective to remain strong here. and there are quite a few people who 'go both ways' depending on the subject.

I do think that there is a healthy aspect to this issue and it does stimulate a more overall balance to the viewpoints if also causing more angst and aimless meandering and polarization in the process. I also think it puts a damper on some aspects of listening viewpoints from time to time. I have my reservations about some aspects of WBF (not wholely related to the objectivist issue) but I know making everyone happy is impossible. I recently decided to sit out for almost 6 months after getting tired of some things. I came back because it was time for me to do that.

I've said enough (and maybe too much).

No Mike it is ALWAYS good to speak your mind.

No Mike it is ALWAYS good to speak your mind.

Guess you never listened to when your mother said if you have nothing good to say, don't say it.

Guess you never listened to when your mother said if you have nothing good to say, don't say it.

Right sir i never listened to anyone.:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing