This is insane...the Quad ESL

May 30, 2010
Portugal
I am not surprised awsmone. The Quad 57 and the Lamm 1.2 are synergistic. The Lamm 1.2 is also synergistic with the Quad 63.
I found that the Lamm M1.2 is one of the most "synergistic" amplifiers I have owned within its power limits. Several speakers I tried with it, including the SoundLab's with Torroid 2 the and the Mini II's sounded really enjoyable - but I do not listen to rock or electronica.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
UK
I found that the Lamm M1.2 is one of the most "synergistic" amplifiers I have owned within its power limits. Several speakers I tried with it, including the SoundLab's with Torroid 2 the and the Mini II's sounded really enjoyable - but I do not listen to rock or electronica.
What is the going rate on a used M1.2? Cheers

May 30, 2010
Portugal

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
UK
Hi Awsmone,

I finally have a pair of 57s chez moi :)

They are in original condition and have been inspected / serviced by Quad.

Here begins my mini adventure. I plugged them in today on the end of an old Yamaha receiver (gasp / horror lol) and they are sounding already very fine indeed.

Cheers

awsmone

Apr 7, 2014
Canberra Australia
Congrats on your purchase
No the steel mesh grills original have just been painted white but I think it looks cool with the dark wood in the bedroom

You will find they improve each day they are left on and charging
Your lucky your receiver will drive them!

awsmone

Apr 7, 2014
Canberra Australia
By the way the lamm m1.2 are stunning with the quads especially the low impedance bias setting though even high bias is good but slightly mellow

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing