The Weather Report

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Man, those winds are violent here today on the Island! :eek:

I expect the power to go off any second now. It's raining too. It feels like Florida during hurricane season, no kidding.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
It's just below freezing, some white stuff on the ground, bright, but not sunny and little wind.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Just a typical dreary rainy day here in Seattle.

Stay safe Bob

Yes Mike, you guys (Amir, Mike Lavigne, Gary, Bill Gates, etc.) just live across the water from where I am; so you must be experiencing similar weather.
Just few days ago the winds destroyed my furniture outside on my veranda, plus my big shade umbrella. Now I need a new musician couch and a new umbrella.
We lost power too, and we also lost the World Wide Web (WWW) for twenty-four hours (electronic card junction box).

If a big tree fall on my mansion I risk to die. But that's the price to pay in living with the natural elements and the surrounding gardens (forest) here.
If a tsunami were to be deployed here because of the San Andreas fault (underground plate) across the Pacific coast, the water will sink me real good because I live @ sea level.
On the Island we are due for a big earthquake eventually...and nobody knows exactly when...but it'll be a major one...and the earth will shift and change the geographic map.

Humans might fight for what they believe in on our planet, but mother nature doesn't argue...she strikes and that's it...with all the consequences...good or/and bad.
C'est la vie...hasta la vista...when the time comes.

So, might as well spin an album in that spirit, the Christmas spirit...before it's too late. :b

? Seattle, Victoria, Port Angeles...where Jazz rains.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Bob
Send me your BlueRays for safe keeping.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Yes Mike, you guys (Amir, Mike Lavigne, Gary, Bill Gates, etc.) just live across the water from where I am; so you must be experiencing similar weather.
Just few days ago the winds destroyed my furniture outside on my veranda, plus my big shade umbrella. Now I need a new musician couch and a new umbrella.
We lost power too, and we also lost the World Wide Web (WWW) for twenty-four hours (electronic card junction box).

If a big tree fall on my mansion I risk to die. But that's the price to pay in living with the natural elements and the surrounding gardens (forest) here.
If a tsunami were to be deployed here because of the San Andreas fault (underground plate) across the Pacific coast, the water will sink me real good because I live @ sea level.
On the Island we are due for a big earthquake eventually...and nobody knows exactly when...but it'll be a major one...and the earth will shift and change the geographic map.

Humans might fight for what they believe in on our planet, but mother nature doesn't argue...she strikes and that's it...with all the consequences...good or/and bad.
C'est la vie...hasta la vista...when the time comes.

So, might as well spin an album in that spirit, the Christmas spirit...before it's too late. :b

? Seattle, Victoria, Port Angeles...where Jazz rains.

That wind will probably make its way here by tomorrow :)

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
It has been a hell of a few weeks. Tons of heavy rain and wind and of course power failures and flickers. Hopefully it will pass.

And yes, whatever we see proceeds to east and get colder and nastier.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
and floods....:(

Yes mister; I keep a close eye on my basement because my lawn is totally soaked/flooded (front and rear). I have a heavy duty electric pump that I used three years ago when the basement was flooded. But without power I would need a new one, a gas one.

@ the back of my mansion there is a low ground small forest, and it's a lake now! ...A swamp forest from the Bayous. ...No cactus here, and no rattlesnake.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
My wife and I went to the Christmas market in Center City Philly today and then out to dinner at a great vegan restaurant for dinner (my first time at a vegan place btw). The weather was spectacular 70 degrees F and sunny. Hard to believe for mid December. While the Christmas market was not quite the size of some we have been to in Germany, Austria, the Czech Republc and Hungary, it gives one a nice taste of what they are like. They even have a Kathe Wohlfart. Sorry about the spelling. As for the weather, after Sandy, I had all the trees that could fall and hit the house cut down. Too damn many trees here. The idea many have here for tree care is to do nothing and clean them up after they fall. Stupid. We also installed a whole house generator which runs off the natural gas line after being without power for a few days during and after Sandy. May want to look into that Bob. I mean it rus the whole house, everything. Probably a bit overbuilt but it will still run the whole house after we enlarge it in the spring. Say goodbye to the audio room for a couple of months! Stay safe, warm and dry in the great northwest!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
We have a whole house generator now. A monster 35 Kw running GM engine which powers most of our circuits. Problem is, murphy hits every time. Despite the thing having a self-test, no less than three times it has failed to start due to a dead battery. The last time it did this was with a new battery and smart charger I added to it! Fortunately it is working well now and it has been nice to see it kick on and keep us warm and comfortable.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Ours runs once a week for 10 minutes and runs a self diagnostic. Sounds lie a car engine turning on and sounds one when running. Has a block heater to keep everything warm and running in the cold weather, like a car way up north.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Ours is the same. Except some gremlin inside of it decides to kill the battery. Originally it was the trickle charger that had gone bad. But now the new charger with new battery declared the battery as having a bad cell and stopped charging it! Fortunately it has not yet acted up.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing