The Lobster

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I watched it on one of the flights. I thought it was a bad movie -- I regretted the waste of time.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
When I saw the title in new posts, I thought you were going to talk about a recent great meal!

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I am planning to check it out. Not familiar with the director, Yorgos Lanthimos from Greece but apparently he's done good work previously.

Speaking of The Lobster and restaurants, I have been to the restaurant of the same name at the Santa Monica pier but not in a long while.

Had a buddy from Germany and when he visited he always loved to hang out there.

.....guess I am off topic now...

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
You didn't like "In Bruges"? I thought it was OK... Kind of an odd plot, but I thought it worked...

Reactions: jeff1225

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
We went to see The Lobster today.

It is an unusual movie to say the least. Disturbing in parts for sure.

Walked out not knowing quite what to think.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Colin Farrel microwaved and drank 9 pints of ice cream a day to try and gain weight for this movie. I haven't seen it yet.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
We went to see The Lobster today.

It is an unusual movie to say the least. Disturbing in parts for sure.

Walked out not knowing quite what to think.

I suffered through this movie on two flights coming home from Manila through Hong Kong. Lets just say that all of the fat from the ice cream he ate for the role must have affected his brain. What a POS movie. I'm shocked he made it

Colin Farrel microwaved and drank 9 pints of ice cream a day to try and gain weight for this movie. I haven't seen it yet.

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
I also watched this movie on one of my flights this July. I didn't like it at all. I regret watching it to the end.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Colin Farrel seems to be the Irish equivalent of Keanu Reeves. Although I liked "In Bruges" for no particular reasons, I kept on yearning for a better actor.. anybody but him or ...Keanu :)... How do these guys keep on getting cast?

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Didn't see the movie mostly because they took Firth and made him into a bad Kevin Kline clone so I figured if the movie was any Kline would have been in it!

david

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Lol, but the music was good.

...And there were few funny lines. But I agree, overall it wasn't an engaging film. I think that I scored it just below "borderline".
Lol, funny to read all the comments; some of you are tougher critics than I...I like that. :b

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I just don’t know what to say about this waste of time tonight- other than I’ll pass on the Favourite by the same guy

Too bad you didn’t see post #2, above.

Do you consider this an example of an “art house” type movie?

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I just don’t know what to say about this waste of time tonight- other than I’ll pass on the Favourite by the same guy

I thought the Favourite was a great movie. They're all a little quirky but interesting. I have a screener if you want to borrow it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing