The Borgias

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
My mother told me that she would have her knuckles hit with rulers carried by nuns. She says that the nuns got thrown out of the SS for being too cruel.

I managed to avoid all that discipline.:)

Last edited:

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Bah,
still waiting for Series 2 to come on over here in the UK.
But glad it is looking good as I really do rate this.

Cheers
Orb

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
not sure who has been following this story but season 2 ended last week and all I can say is, this is becoming one very good historic drama. Season one started somewhat slowly but season 2 is fast and furious. What an amazingly corrupt family they were. From what I have read about the family the events depicted are indeed factual. What a cliff hanger ending for season.

I was surprised about this show as I must admit I wasn't expecting much but Jeremy Irons as Pope Alexandre 6th is most believable. The cast of family characters who surround him are likewise well cast in their roles. I am betting this show will not only be nominated for a host of Emmies but will also win a bunch as well

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
not sure who has been following this story but season 2 ended last week and all I can say is, this is becoming one very good historic drama. Season one started somewhat slowly but season 2 is fast and furious. What an amazingly corrupt family they were. From what I have read about the family the events depicted are indeed factual. What a cliff hanger ending for season.

I was surprised about this show as I must admit I wasn't expecting much but Jeremy Irons as Pope Alexandre 6th is most believable. The cast of family characters who surround him are likewise well cast in their roles. I am betting this show will not only be nominated for a host of Emmies but will also win a bunch as well

Particularly gruesome episode. Tortured and tongue ripped out, burned at the stake, and the blood coming out of the kids/taste testers eyes when he poisoned the pope was a nice touch ;)

Steve Williams

Particularly gruesome episode. Tortured and tongue ripped out, burned at the stake, and the blood coming out of the kids/taste testers eyes when he poisoned the pope was a nice touch ;)

I'm told that is a side effect of the cantarella ;)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Steve Williams

Yes just googled it. And the Borgias used it to eliminate someone else earlier.k

Cesare used it to get rid of the cardinel who was opposed to Pope Alexandre, Cesare's father

Steve Williams

He also used it on Cardinel Giuliano della Rovere who went to the monastery after to recover and then was the one who kept poisoning the kid to have him develop tolerance to the drug so that he could become the Pope's taster

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
He also used it on Cardinel Giuliano della Rovere who went to the monastery after to recover and then was the one who kept poisoning the kid to have him develop tolerance to the drug so that he could become the Pope's taster

Yeah how messed up was that?

Steve Williams

I'm shocked that no one has commented yet on Season 3 of The Borgias. This show IMO continues to deliver at all levels. The writing, acting, cinematography and maintaining the story true to its history is what keeps me on the edge of my seat. The show seems to gain momentum with each season as the plot to assassinate the corrupt Pope Alexandre and his entire family begins to unfold along with all of the skillful alliances the Borgia family creates in order to maintain the papacy.

Ron Jeremy is superb as the Pope as well as Francois Arnaud as Caesare and Holliday Grainger as the beautiful Lucrezia Borgia. Episode 4 of Season 3 is tomorrow so if you haven't seen Season 4 yet, I say don't miss it. This is drama at its very best

Season 3 begins as the Pope lies dying from an assasination attempt from cantarella

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3 is shocking

LenWhite

Feb 11, 2011
Florida
systems.audiogon.com
The Borgias is another great Showtime series. I'm enjoying it very much. I agree with Steve this series is getting stronger each season. I loved the interplay between the Pope's son Juan and Caterina Sforza during the siege at her castle. Sforza is some piece of work:D I don't think she'll be winning any "Mother of the year" awards.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing