The Alexia's are HERE!

I think the Alexia's are the best looking Wilson speaker yet. I love how they look and am insanely envious of Bruce. :)

Ever since the XLF/Alexia came out, I've seen an enormous amount of X-2's for sale. I was very tempted, but didn't want to have to deal with another 600 lb. speaker. I think the larger Maxx/XLF look like one of the Transformers.....

Say WHAT????

"You
hear that Elizabeth? I'm coming to join you honey!" [clutching his chest dramatically] Fred Sanford.

LOL.... I'm glad they sound as good as they do. I think the 101 X-treme has a WAF of ZERO! It's a good think I don't listen with my eyes. Never have been able to learn that trick!

Bruce - I am very happy for you!, you will have lots of hours to enjoy your new speakers with the Pass amps. Close the door thou....or your wife will complain again :)

Ever since the XLF/Alexia came out, I've seen an enormous amount of X-2's for sale. I was very tempted, but didn't want to have to deal with another 600 lb. speaker. I think the larger Maxx/XLF look like one of the Transformers.....

I think that even if you put two of the Transformers on top of the Alexia's they will not sound like a pair of XLF's. ;)

Personally I like the look of the Alexia's and I think the colour you chose looks very smart in your room.

I think the new Wilsons are sexy in a concept car/sci-fi kind of way with the shoulder lines and smart creases. The Sasha reminds me of the Cylons in the BSG re-imagining. Loved that series.

The New Sonus and Ktemas remind me of those posh personal boats the rich and famous in Lake Cuomo have with all the exquisite curved woodwork and metal detailing.

The big Kharmas just remind me of boats or portable saunas. LOL.

(...) The New Sonus and Ktemas remind me of those posh personal boats the rich and famous in Lake Cuomo have with all the exquisite curved woodwork and metal detailing. (...)

Jake.
I was at Lake Como for a week long ago. After you have taken a cruise in the lake, going along the shore and looking at those great villas with large beautiful gardens, with their private anchorage and boats, you may feel high-end is an inexpensive business ... ;)

Indeed Micro, indeed!

Jake.......LOL. :D I get it. I must be following the gun control debates too closely to miss spell Como as Cuomo. LOL.

Personally I like the look of the Alexia's and I think the colour you chose looks very smart in your room.

That was my biggest concern. I had picked out a custom color (Oxford Gray) and when Wilson told me the deliver date for custom colors was mid/late April, I balked. Definitive had a brand-new pair of Desert Silver they had just gotten in and I went to take a look at another pair they had on demo and really liked he color.

Speaking of Wilson customer support.... Peter McGrath will be here Thursday morning to dial them in... Can't get much better than that! That, is customer service!!

Speaking of Wilson customer support.... Peter McGrath will be here Thursday morning to dial them in... Can't get much better than that! That, is customer service!!

wow! congrats and to have Peter dial them in is special indeed. you mentioned the joseph audio pearl, were you considering them as well?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing