The Absolute Sound issues?

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
The Absolute Sound website has been down for days....are they done over there?

Duke LeJeune

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 22, 2013
Princeton, Texas
Their website works for me on every search engine I tried.

They contacted me less than a week ago about something in an upcoming issue, so I don't think they're done yet.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Yep up for me now as well...first time in a couple of days

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Same...back up and running from here. Was unreachable before.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
They just revamped their site. Working out the bugs?

How many folks would miss TAS if they stopped operations?

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Seems like we have no TAS fans. I subscribe to TAS and Stereophile because of the music reviews and gear reviews where the reviewers list their demo music.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I would miss TAS. I am a huge fan of Don Saltzman!

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Seems like we have no TAS fans. I subscribe to TAS and Stereophile because of the music reviews and gear reviews where the reviewers list their demo music.

I regularly read TAS. Information and entertainment, as other good magazines. Most of their people can write properly on stereo equipment, with occasional references to interesting music.

Reactions: Lee

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
The website was down briefly as we tested some DNS-related moves. We moved the site from our original software developer to a newer one as we rebuilt the site. It was a huge undertaking but well worth it. You can now read our site on your phone.

We have a bunch of cool things in the works related to music and new publications. I think you will be impressed with what we have going for 2021.

2020 was financially a very, very successful year for us. We are here for the long-term.

Thanks for the continued support.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
XVX Review no sidebars....site needs work.....

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
I’m a big TAS fan, I enjoy Robert Harley’s articles and find TAS less “artificial” and more down to earth than Stereophile...

Daverich4

May 8, 2020
The website was down briefly as we tested some DNS-related moves. We moved the site from our original software developer to a newer one as we rebuilt the site. It was a huge undertaking but well worth it. You can now read our site on your phone.

We have a bunch of cool things in the works related to music and new publications. I think you will be impressed with what we have going for 2021.

2020 was financially a very, very successful year for us. We are here for the long-term.

Thanks for the continued support.
As a subscriber to TAS since the late 70’s I have to ask. Are the views and ideas you’ve expressed on your Twitter feed (Twitter.com/lscoggins) the new “Branding” for TAS?

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
XVX Review no sidebars....site needs work.....

We prefer no sidebars for general format and mobile reading reasons. It makes for cleaner reading in our opinion. The content from the review should all be there though.

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Responsive web design, aka mobile friendly, has been around for years. Good to see TAS adopt that.
I find the megamenu with its high contrast against the color slider to be somewhat jarring.
Scot Markwell's name is misspelled in the Blog listings.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
We prefer no sidebars for general format and mobile reading reasons. It makes for cleaner reading in our opinion. The content from the review should all be there though.
Side bar content not there however it is in the XVX review on the Wilson site

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing