Tape, tape, tape, and Ki Choi

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
If you only knew one percent of all the tribulations that I've been through Bruce!.

We've all been through life's challenges but that has nothing to do with posting a couple pics of your room and equipment.

Still waiting Bob!!

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Seems you're pretty comfortable here at WBF with almost 10k posts!! Give up the essence Bob... or just keep posting your drivel.

Bruce, Bob is entitled to his posts and opinions as much as you and I are. I do not see any reason why you should call his posts 'drivel' any more than I should call your posts 'drivel'.
BTW, Steve, I too have to ask why is seeing Bob's system picture of any relevance to his posts? Even IF Bob doesn't have a system, he's entitled to his opinion. Steve,I'm sure you must be asking this question for another reason, yes??? Bruce what's your logic?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
We've all been through life's challenges but that has nothing to do with posting a couple pics of your room and equipment.

Still waiting Bob!!

Forget it; that ain't a polite way of asking. ...Besides, my speakers are ugly. ...I mean it really, real ugly Bruce. ...If I don't like their looks you wouldn't either.

* Drivel; who's driven by drivel, really? ;)

You're a good man Bruce, so am I; let's keep it that way. :b

P.S. I wasn't referring to real life's challenges, like in real life; I was only referring to here, on this site.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I am sure, like I said before, that the speakers, the gear, and the R-2-R tape deck, with the music on tape sounded fabulous, in that room, and even after I said that I doubt it (referring to the room).
And that the speaker himself; Ki Choi, was one superb host who rose to the occasion. ...And with all my respect to the entire attendance (roughly 30 people).
And I still like that navy blue couch.

Now, back on topic. Oups, I was already on topic. :b

Last edited:

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
BTW, Steve, I too have to ask why is seeing Bob's system picture of any relevance to his posts? Even IF Bob doesn't have a system, he's entitled to his opinion. Steve,I'm sure you must be asking this question for another reason, yes??? Bruce what's your logic?

Bob said that our club room looks uninviting and bad, and in his opinion therefore sounds bad. Bruce and Steve are asking to see his room to see what he is using for comparison. I have to say that I am wondering too.

How about it Bob? Could you post a picture of your room so that we can understand the context of your comment?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Where is Toto when you need him?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Bob said that our club room looks uninviting and bad, and in his opinion therefore sounds bad. Bruce and Steve are asking to see his room to see what he is using for comparison. I have to say that I am wondering too.

How about it Bob? Could you post a picture of your room so that we can understand the context of your comment?

my thoughts precisely Gary

No popcorn needed Roger

The context of his comment is indeed important

When an entire audio society has been meeting in a room for years and all are deeply moved by the music they have heard, I find it so disingenuous that an utter bystander who has never so much as stepped foot in the PNWAS room can categorically state that the room is uninviting and bad sounding

Knowing Gary I can only bet that he has taken great pains to dial in this room

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Bruce, Bob is entitled to his posts and opinions as much as you and I are. I do not see any reason why you should call his posts 'drivel' any more than I should call your posts 'drivel'.

+1

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

No popcorn needed Roger

When an entire audio society has been meeting in a room for years and all are deeply moved by the music they have heard, I find it so disingenuous that an utter bystander who has never so much as stepped foot in the PNWAS room can categorically state that the room is uninviting and bad sounding

+1

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Cool. :cool:

The room totally sucks though, with that very ugly and distracting ceiling. ;)

I highly doubt that!

No popcorn needed Roger

We are awfully serious around here. I can totally understand the ruffled feathers about Bob's comments. I think it's bad manners to dis somebody's listening environment just by looking at a photo and not hearing the actual room. That said,is it really that big a deal? All the members and most regulars on this forum I think recognize that the Seattle area club is one of the best and mostly because of the members not because of the room they use.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I think the point here is that if you choose to slam the listening environment of a person or an entire audio club, you have opened the door for others to ask you for pictures of your listening room so we can get a peak at the critic's room. If you want to sit up on a pedestal and throw rocks, you better be prepared to show us that pedestal. However, we are shown no pictures, just some more mumbo-jumbo.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Do we really need to see Bob's system in order to have the opportunity to deride him for having the "audacity" to have an opinion on the Seattle group's room? I think NOT.
I believe the member's of this forum can conduct themselves in a loftier manner....am I correct?

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Do we really need to see Bob's system in order to have the opportunity to deride him for having the "audacity" to have an opinion on the Seattle group's room? I think NOT.
I believe the member's of this forum can conduct themselves in a loftier manner....am I correct?

Cool. Let's start with Bob not crapping on the build quality and decor of the space used by the PNWAS for their meetings.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Cool. Let's start with Bob not crapping on the build quality and decor of the space used by the PNWAS for their meetings.

Bob said what he said. I'm sure he probably regrets it now. I personally have no problem with someone giving an opinion like he did, even IF he has no basis in fact. It's his opinion and as far as I'm concerned he's entitled to it. I may NOT agree with it, BUT he's still entitled to it!
OTOH all of the negativism and animosity towards Bob seems to me to be inappropriate at best. Let's move on.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Bob said what he said. I'm sure he probably regrets it now. I personally have no problem with someone giving an opinion like he did, even IF he has no basis in fact. It's his opinion and as far as I'm concerned he's entitled to it. I may NOT agree with it, BUT he's still entitled to it!
OTOH all of the negativism and animosity towards Bob seems to me to be inappropriate at best. Let's move on.

I think you are missing the point. Once Bob shot his mouth off and trashed the room used by the PNWAS, other people chimed in and asked to see pictures of Bob's room and gear. I find that a very natural reaction. No different than if I told you I thought your cartridge sucked pond water and the first thing you would say is "What cartridge are you using?" Somehow that's off limits in your opinion when others don't see it the say way. Personally, I don't know know why you feel the need to put on your suit of white armor and come riding to Bob's defense. He's a big boy and he should stand up for himself.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Mark, that post is typical of your thinking process....just like your post #32. The animosity and negativism that you continue to show to other members, including myself, is quite pathetic. You are entitled to your opinion, BUT all of the personal attacks need to stop.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Mark, that post is typical of your thinking process....just like your post #32. The animosity and negativism that you continue to show to other members, including myself, is quite pathetic. You are entitled to your opinion, BUT all of the personal attacks need to stop.

You have no idea what you are talking about. I'm not attacking anyone. Voicing an opinion doesn't qualify as an attack.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
You have no idea what you are talking about. I'm not attacking anyone. Voicing an opinion doesn't qualify as an attack.
Except when it happens to be an opinion that you don't like. Such as Bob's post. I'm done debating this with you; your logic and intentions are not in good faith.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Geez, I thought my logic was sound.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing