Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

I had posted this earlier hoping to get some early morning readers. Let’s face it Taiko has captured the ears of so many users here that this thread has become a small community and with so many posts it was difficult to search pertinent information. Hence the very avant guard looking Taiko dedicated subforum. This is to be the repository to all things Taiko and very easy to find. The thread to which we all read is just wonderfully large. So now the best of both worlds

Reactions: Christiaan Punter

Malcng

Jul 6, 2022
We’ve opened a manufacturers subforum as this thread has become so large it has become challenging to find relevant information.

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/forums/taiko-audio.414/

I just checked this out - good move and very exciting developments lie ahead. As I said just recently, how refreshing it is to have spent a significant sum on a product and to have no worries about being superseded by a new ‘latest and greatest’ model. Quite the contrary in fact. That’s the way to do it for sure.

My system sounds so good right now that I cannot comprehend just how and where you can squeeze further improvements, but I look forward to observing what comes next.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
would you prefer we post there and try to align our comments with the specific thread?

Yes, that could be useful for people to find relevant information. It’s just impossible for many, even existing customers, to keep up with this thread reducing the value it once had for news, insights and announcements. Likewise it would also be a mayor help to use support@taikoaudio.com for support calls in stead of this thread which saves me from replying “please contact support@taikoaudio.com” over and over again as most support is performed by a support team who don’t post here.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
I just checked this out - good move and very exciting developments lie ahead. As I said just recently, how refreshing it is to have spent a significant sum on a product and to have no worries about being superseded by a new ‘latest and greatest’ model. Quite the contrary in fact. That’s the way to do it for sure.

My system sounds so good right now that I cannot comprehend just how and where you can squeeze further improvements, but I look forward to observing what comes next.

It’s a deliberate choice which the vast majority of our customers seems to appreciate. On one hand you have a 5 year old music server in a rapidly evolving market, on the other, it’s a server, the nature of which is it can be upgraded with new technology.

MusicFellow

Jan 3, 2022
As I said just recently, how refreshing it is to have spent a significant sum on a product and to have no worries about being superseded by a new ‘latest and greatest’ model. Quite the contrary in fact. That’s the way to do it for sure.
Yes, I think to have an upgrade path and a modular platform is not only convenient and cost-effective, it‘s also good from a sustainability / environmental point of view. Where possible for a product (like the Extreme), I think it‘s the way to go for the future.

People in general buy too much stuff (and often of inferior quality) anyway. That way they don‘t get their „needs“ meet and won‘t have any lasting satisfaction from their purchase. Of course everybody is different, but in my point of view people should buy less things, but focus on those of good quality that really make them happy. A good music system for example satisfies you emotionally over the long term which is a benefit much people crave for in our intellectual „thinker“ world.

… and you support small, enthusiastic artisans like team Taiko and the associated jobs for people with an honest product full of passion and love with great working conditions.

Last edited:

Nils

Dec 16, 2021
Northern Sweden
All for the split of forums here at WBF - it was unavoidable for reasons already stated.

Also - the Taiko download-section has also become more professional, better reflecting the overall Taiko organisation.

BUT - I for one really appreciate the direct interactions with @Taiko Audio here in this thread, just hope that these will not go down to zero given the restructure - no one has said that is the case/plan so I am playing Devil's Advocat here... To me this is one large part of why I really enjoy Taiko - the inclusion of the WBF Users into part of Taiko's product management and delivery processes (the other part is obviously SQ).

The new Taiko Audio forum looks more like a one-way megaphone as-is - is that the intent?

@Taiko Audio was hinting that an update regarding TACDD/TACDA was coming (after concluding software configuration update process for all owners) - was the update the below name change?

I was hoping for update on XDMI and also the MSB Pro ISL daughter card -> eliminating USB protocol and controllers from my signal path.

Sorry if I am posting in wrong forum now - please advise!

(And @Christiaan Punter I think you have a typo below - XDMS should be XDMI.)

1701616090681.png

Last edited:
Reactions: oldmustang

an.vamv

Mar 18, 2014
Are there any specific settings that you recommend to users of others routers besides Taiko router ? I have a dedicated "audio only" router and switch for my Taiko extreme server. Based upon your experience from Taiko router are there any network parameters that should be fine tuned for best performance? Thanks.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Are there any specific settings that you recommend to users of others routers besides Taiko router ? I have a dedicated "audio only" router and switch for my Taiko extreme server. Based upon your experience from Taiko router are there any network parameters that should be fine tuned for best performance? Thanks.
Fine tune with the Taiko Router ;)

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
Taiko router saves Saturday night!

How, you ask? Yesterday my old 24 port Netgear switch (c. 10-15 years old) reached its moment of "pining for the fjords."

No Internet radio, no streaming TV or movies. No home WiFi. By the time I isolated the problem, it was too late to head out for a replacement switch.

But wait, I have the taiko router with it's own dedicated wifi AP. My tablet connected to the taiko WiFi (despite warning of no Internet!) and sweet music filled the house.

John T

Feb 15, 2022
I write this with apprehension as it's not audio related. However, If this can help one person it is well worth sharing. It may also insure many more years of enjoying our passion.

Lately I have noticed a laboring feeling with tasks that typically, I am never effected by. Had my annual physical two weeks ago in which I passed with flying colors. Blood work the whole nine yards. For my age I am in the 1% for conditioning. Can't change Genetics. My General Practitioner said keep doing what ever your doing. I did explain my Cardio Symptoms and he made an appointment for me to see a Cardiologist January 16th. I didn't feel as if I was in any rush or in any danger. I was wrong, could have been dead wrong!

Long story short, I awoke last Tuesday morning 4am with chest pain. I knew right away what was happening. My wife passed in 2016 so I live alone. I got myself to the hospital. After several tests and finally a catherization they found a blockage and inserted a stent. Hopefully I should have a full recovery. Lots more wood to split!

I implore all of you, whether you have a family history or not. Pay attention to any changes in regards to this matter. Do not hesitate if you feel as though something is not right. Ask your doctor about low dose daily 81mg aspirin. Many different opinions on this and I am not offering mine.

I have made what I consider some good friends on this forum. I have enjoyed our PM and talking. I have received countless amounts of advice and knowledge.

I now offer my advice here...John

Last edited:

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
John, I am glad you dodged a bullet. Smart thinking on your part to be proactive in your taking care of yourself.

Feel well!

John T

Feb 15, 2022
John, I am glad you dodged a bullet. Smart thinking on your part to be proactive in your taking care of yourself.

Feel well!
Thank you David, I'm Grateful...

John T

Feb 15, 2022
Wow. Happy you’re still with us John! Knowing you I have zero doubt you’ll be back splitting wood as before in no time. I wish you a speedy recovery!
Me too, Thank You Emile...

Reactions: MusicFellow

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com

Hi @an.vamv ,

I have no specific recommendations, the sonic results of modifying user configurable settings vary from router to router.

theaudiogeek

Apr 4, 2018
I write this with apprehension as it's not audio related. However, If this can help one person it is well worth sharing. It may also insure many more years of enjoying our passion.

Lately I have noticed a laboring feeling with tasks that typically, I am never effected by. Had my annual physical two weeks ago in which I passed with flying colors. Blood work the whole nine yards. For my age I am in the 1% for conditioning. Can't change Genetics. My General Practitioner said keep doing what ever your doing. I did explain my Cardio Symptoms and he made an appointment for me to see a Cardiologist January 16th. I didn't feel as if I was in any rush or in any danger. I was wrong, could have been dead wrong!

Long story short, I awoke last Tuesday morning 4am with chest pain. I knew right away what was happening. My wife passed in 2016 so I live alone. I got myself to the hospital. After several tests and finally a catherization they found a blockage and inserted a stent. Hopefully I should have a full recovery. Lots more wood to split!

I implore all of you, whether you have a family history or not. Pay attention to any changes in regards to this matter. Do not hesitate if you feel as though something is not right. Ask your doctor about low dose daily 81mg aspirin. Many different opinions on this and I am not offering mine.

I have made what I consider some good friends on this forum. I have enjoyed our PM and talking. I have received countless amounts of advice and knowledge.

Glad to hear that you caught it earlier. I wish you a speedy recovery!!

DW101

Feb 20, 2022

Very happy to hear you are OK..!

Reactions: Pokey77 and John T

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing