Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

I've been using the password that came under the router. Where's the other password?
I received a separate card with this print out as well- not just under the router.

At this point your best choice may be to email taiko with your SN# and have them email you the password.

I received a separate card with this print out as well- not just under the router.

At this point your best choice may be to email taiko with your SN# and have them email you the password.
Got it, I didn't receive that card. I'll write them

Both are under the router
Thanks. I found both the admin and wifi passwords under the router, but I think he was referring to a second instance of the admin pw.

Question to @Taiko Audio , you mentioned that Windows will keep looking for a network and that is one of the factors that makes making no network inferior to having a router and switch connected.

What if there's no internet to that network? In my current case as I don't use streaming I've unplugged the WAN in to the Taiko Router. Will Windows also keep looking for a network that has internet?

Got it, I didn't receive that card. I'll write them
I just got a response from Ted, on a Sunday no less! The Taiko support is amazing. What he sent looked exactly like what I'd been typing in. But I cut and paste it anyway and it worked. I need to figure out what the difference was. Obviously, it will be user error on my part of some sort. Anyway, a big thank you to Ted and the great Taiko support. Emile/Taiko please dont waste time and space responding to this WBF thread.

Not to interrupt the current password debugging issue... but thought it might be cool to reflect on the inaugural post now that 20,000 have followed.... thank you @CKKeung! a gift to WBF

Absolutely amazing. And congrats on getting #20.000. Having reached this landmark though we’re now contemplating on opening a sub forum. As we have launched multiple products this year, with several more on their way, a separate thread for each product might make it easier to read up / catch up on the product of interest.

Question to @Taiko Audio , you mentioned that Windows will keep looking for a network and that is one of the factors that makes making no network inferior to having a router and switch connected.

What if there's no internet to that network? In my current case as I don't use streaming I've unplugged the WAN in to the Taiko Router. Will Windows also keep looking for a network that has internet?

No internet will have no effect.

Reactions: jelt2359
For those still owning Buffalo + PinkFaun ultra.
Placing Buffalo switch between the home router and Taiko router significantly improves overall
presentation.
At this point of time this is a must to have in my system.
without Buffalo the magic is gone.

This might change after full burn in of both DCD and Taiko Router
OR
when I replace home router with Taiko Router only.
( ISP modem in bridge mode - Taiko router - Taiko switch).
I hope the last proposal should be the cleanest and will aloud to eliminate Buffalo , but time will tell.
So far I was unable to eliminate Buffalo from my system after more than 100 attempts.
@Kris, I'm wondering if you are still keeping your Buffalo w/ PF clock in the system before the Taiko router? If so, what do you attribute to the improvement the extra switch and clock bring? Do you think it's primarily the extra clocking from PF?

I have the Buffalo/PF as well, following my ATT Gateway (modem/router). In my case, my home router is "separated" from the Buffalo/PF router.

I'll likely try the Buffalo/PF with the Taiko Router at first for a week and then try the Taiko alone.

@Kris, I'm wondering if you are still keeping your Buffalo w/ PF clock in the system before the Taiko router? If so, what do you attribute to the improvement the extra switch and clock bring? Do you think it's primarily the extra clocking from PF?

I have the Buffalo/PF as well, following my ATT Gateway (modem/router). In my case, my home router is "separated" from the Buffalo/PF router.

I'll likely try the Buffalo/PF with the Taiko Router at first for a week and then try the Taiko alone.

I have no idea how or why it works but the effect is quite big In my system.
Routers are always „isolated„ as they are in a separate networks.
I think it must be a clocking by PF ultra. I use 2 separate LPS , 5v for the clock , 12v for Buffalo.
I connected almost everything wit DAC cables , except of the WAN cable that must be RJ45.

But remember I did NOT finish my testing. I still wait for full burn in and for the time to test modem to Taiko router directly. That looked very promising but it was done on day 2 of burn in.

Reactions: ctydwn and wil
@Kris you nudged me to put the PFBuff back in the flow here. I bypassed it when the Taiko switch arrived (5-6 months ago?). I left it powered up all that time, so it was ready to go.

After an hour of listening, I'd say I like it. Perhaps a wee bit more meaty sound?

Similarly to yours, it's on a dedicated power circuit, on two LPSs for the 5 and 12v requirement. I'll run it for a few months and see how it goes.

Reactions: Kris and ctydwn
@Kris you nudged me to put the PFBuff back in the flow here. I bypassed it when the Taiko switch arrived (5-6 months ago?). I left it powered up all that time, so it was ready to go.

After an hour of listening, I'd say I like it. Perhaps a wee bit more meaty sound?

Similarly to yours, it's on a dedicated power circuit, on two LPSs for the 5 and 12v requirement. I'll run it for a few months and see how it goes.
Great !
As long as it offers a better sound quality it is worth to keep it.
I tried to take Buffalo many times away and to be able sell it .
So far no chance to do so.
BPS will probably make a big change and additional twicks might not be needed.

But as of today I hope to test many more options and will report.

The best thing is that we all try to compliment the extreme with the other devices to help it to shine.

Encountered an issue with "TaikoAudio" wifi not being available this weekend. Had to restart the ROUTER. This is my second time experiencing this issue.

I haven't dropped Taiko wifi now in well over a week . In fact I have been able to use Taiko wifi in my back yard just outside the kitchen. The last time I restarted my router was when I went to alt2 filter

Has anyone compared the sound difference with the router with and without the Wi-Fi radio being on?

My wifi drops every day or 2.

Reactions: Armsan
Has anyone compared the sound difference with the router with and without the Wi-Fi radio being on?

My wifi drops every day or 2.
Initially I was dropping signal frequently as well however I made a second attempt to screw in the antenna until it felt tight....I gather it will continue to twist even when it is tight......I removed the antenna and then screwed it back in and I haven't had a drop out since then

Initially I was dropping signal frequently as well however I made a second attempt to screw in the antenna until it felt tight....I gather it will continue to twist even when it is tight......I removed the antenna and then screwed it back in and I haven't had a drop out since then

Hmmm. I am not sure why the antenna would cause the Wi-Fi to drop since the radio should stay on without the antenna but anything is possible.

Try changing the Wi-Fi channel.

At Emile’s suggestion I have been using the Wi-Fi Analyzer app in Windows which is great. It recommended I use channel 6 since there was little traffic on that channel. I am still experiencing issues with the wifi but it did help assess what else is out there.

Reactions: theaudiogeek

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing