Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Shunyata Copper-Conn receptacles might be worth a try. Not sure but I would think Shunyata Research would also offer Copper-Conn construction in their non-North American outlets.

(Posted before I read your very complete post @marty !)

Steve Z

“triple wiped” brass.. thanks!

Emile

I would bet most of us who couldn't attend would be very interested in how the Taiko room fared and what your thoughts were at the end of the show. Im betting you had standing room only all weekend

Emile

I would bet most of us who couldn't attend would be very interested in how the Taiko room fared and what your thoughts were at the end of the show. Im betting you had standing room only all weekend

Currently on our way home, will definitely share my thoughts.

Best sound at the show, for me. I am very drawn to the openness that the Alsyvox bring, and could hear their excellences even though there was a pretty clear room resonance problem. Like ticks and pops on an LP, you could hear the beauty right through it (but it was weird at times!).

And, yes, the room didn't seem to turnover like an ordinary room! Made it crowded most times.

Thank you,
l was not aware of that as the wall sockets from NCF are only rhodium plated in my area.
Could not find any other type.

So for the wall sockets Oyaide and Viborg both copper only are current recommendation of Taiko users ? Furutech gold not as good ?
Oops, sorry Kris. I was referring to their NCF plugs, not wall receptacles.

Reactions: VPN and Taiko Audio
Thanks for the data point Carlos, this was on my to-do list once I had calibrated on the mAP Lite.
Have any Extreme Owners or Emile tried the Netgear M5 modem/router using 5G T-Mobile. I have one for travel and tried yesterday. Just 5G built in wireless in low power mode. 2.4G off. No time yet to listen extensively but In my system It went, at least, two steps above of my dedicated current ATT fiber 1tb. I just tried M5-Bluejean Cat6-Melco-DAC to Extreme (old Fiber Card). Look forward to get the silver Switch-Router when available.

Emile might activate the already incorporated SIM slot on the PCB in the Extreme router sooner than we think ;-)

Last edited:

Attachments

• 20230513_194914.jpg
    20230513_194914.jpg
    703 KB · Views: 88
  • 20230513_201458.jpg
    20230513_201458.jpg
    634.3 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Reactions: iain
It looks as if you are quoting the information for the Shunyata SR-Z1 outlets. The Copper-Conn outlets are a different beast:

CopperCONN™ CONNECTORS

CopperCONN’s™ internal metals are culled from solid copper and use a high-tension spring-loaded contacts for vice-like grip. This contributes to a measurable improvement in DTCD™ performance and a correspondingly obvious difference in audible performance. CopperCONN™ connectors deliver measurably lower-resistance connections that will unlock the performance of any component and system.

The Shunyata website is not always up to date, particularly in the case of their "accessory" items. However, I am (almost) sure Richard Rogers of Shunyata told me that US Copper Conn outlets are available for sale. I'll ask Richard the next time I see him (he's a neighbor) to verify that.

Steve Z

A little more about the Copper-Conn connectors from the Shunyata website:

CopperCONN™ Connectors​

The CopperCONN™ connectors are electrical power connectors designed by Shunyata scientist Caelin Gabriel. Their unique construction and performance attributes are unique in the world of high-performance parts, found only in Shunyata Research products.

Steve Z

I recently bought a similar one from a shop in China. Also made by big copper block and milled by CNC, a small unit weights over 11 kg. Costs about USD600.
That's very interesting! Can you please share this source info?

That's very interesting! Can you please share this source info?
I bought from Taobao. There is a seller on Aliexpress providing some info. The one I showed was 4 sockets. 6 and 8 sockets are also available:

As usual, Aliexpress sellers mark up a lot. Taobao would be a cheaper place to go:

It looks as if you are quoting the information for the Shunyata SR-Z1 outlets. The Copper-Conn outlets are a different beast:

CopperCONN™ CONNECTORS

CopperCONN’s™ internal metals are culled from solid copper and use a high-tension spring-loaded contacts for vice-like grip. This contributes to a measurable improvement in DTCD™ performance and a correspondingly obvious difference in audible performance. CopperCONN™ connectors deliver measurably lower-resistance connections that will unlock the performance of any component and system.

The Shunyata website is not always up to date, particularly in the case of their "accessory" items. However, I am (almost) sure Richard Rogers of Shunyata told me that US Copper Conn outlets are available for sale. I'll ask Richard the next time I see him (he's a neighbor) to verify that.

Steve Z

The Shunyata SR-Z1 outlets are what we use in our setup. They are exceptional IMO …

Emile/Bob, is the first track with the double bass and saxophone the same album as the Pink Panther theme you played? Could you please tell us the name of the album, so we can listen to this great track at home and get some High End show nostalgia.

Emile/Bob, is the first track with the double bass and saxophone the same album as the Pink Panther theme you played? Could you please tell us the name of the album, so we can listen to this great track at home and get some High End show nostalgia.

markusphilippe - Hey Joe (album name: Saxnbass)

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_0078.jpeg
    IMG_0078.jpeg
    301.9 KB · Views: 26
  • image_2023-05-22_130838103.png
    image_2023-05-22_130838103.png
    487.5 KB · Views: 14
  • image_2023-05-22_131304606.png
    image_2023-05-22_131304606.png
    354 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Reactions: PhoenixRising

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing