Austin, TX
My XDMS BUG/feature report:
1. Support for WAV files over 2GB, aka the PGGB issue
2. Qobuz favorites (tracks, releases) in last added order
3. Some folders do not display tracks in correct order of TRACK tags
CCC0E9C9-2A7A-4773-9AA2-68BD45660310.png
4. Long path names obscure the disc icon at the end of the path:
84C57C23-C3A3-4DAE-8E2A-B441E4823986.png
5. Rescanning entire library every time new content is added takes too long.

John T

Feb 15, 2022
View attachment 98306

XDMS Alpha 0.0.1 (2) has been published in TestFlight

We are working on a new UI for Users with big libraries. If you have more than 200 Albums, the Albums are split into buckets of 200

You click on the Bucket (which has the begining Album name and the ending Album name) and then you can scroll through the 200 albums in that bucket - Sort of like Tower records in the old days

We need a better name than "Bucket" Suggestions please

An alphabetical index similar to TAS is coming as well
What's wrong with bucket?

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco

The UI includes incremental scanning of new albums and tracks which have been placed in the New Music folder. The API code for this needs to be finished. Coming Soon

Last edited:

austinpop

May 23, 2017
Austin, TX
Ah, good to know. That helps! Should also add:

6. need to be able to specify directory location, rather than defaulting to d:\

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Once again I need to give a huge shout out to Ed, who at the end of a very long day of XDMS setups , spent an hour of his sleep time. Turned out to be a learning experience but would interest readers here. Specifically re IDAGIO. I logged in and could navigate the pages and search but I could not ever load a file in queue so nothing was playing. I could play Idagio on my laptop speakers. I signed up
fir tge free version and I wondered if it was a bug or just me being cheap by registering for the free version. Ed Team Viewered in and was in and out of the bowels of XDMS. He too had the same issue in spite of everything he deleted and updated.

At the end of everything Ed signed me out of Idagio and signed on on his account. Instant beautiful music. Ed has a paying account. I purchased a plan and everything plays beautifully

I’m not familiar with Idagio but it is mainly ( if not all) classical. For those limiting Classical this site is worth exploring. I understand they have exclusives on many albums and most everything they play is from the original album. I’ve been liking what I hear.

Yes there are buckets now for users who have over 200 albums. As Ed was flying through his evaluation and he brought up my library I saw buckets of 200 albums per bucket.

John T

Feb 15, 2022
I would think most people with a Extreme have a lot more than 200 albums...

alwayslearning

Jan 13, 2011
I will second @austinpop's recommendation/wish to have Taiko address the "PGGB issue" he lists as #1 on his bug/feature report. This is really important to us PGGB folks.

Reactions: QuantumWave

Cyrus

Jun 15, 2018

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
View attachment 98306

XDMS Alpha 0.0.1 (2) has been published in TestFlight

We are working on a new UI for Users with big libraries. If you have more than 200 Albums, the Albums are split into buckets of 200

You click on the Bucket (which has the begining Album name and the ending Album name) and then you can scroll through the 200 albums in that bucket - Sort of like Tower records in the old days

We need a better name than "Bucket" Suggestions please

An alphabetical index similar to TAS is coming as well
Keeping with the LP theme, instead of bucket what about "shelf" or shelves?

Steve Z

Last edited:

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
The UI includes incremental scanning of new albums and tracks which have been placed in the New Music folder

Ed, are you saying this is automatic? If not, what does one tap to execute this?

Also, is the “New Music Folder” different than where all the other music is?

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
Ed, are you saying this is automatic? If not, what does one tap to execute this?

Also, is the “New Music Folder” different than where all the other music is?
I don't see an incremental scan under the library scan button.

What happens is that files in the "New Music Folder" get scanned and then moved out of the new Music folder.

The process is not automatic, it only occurs after taping the [Import new items from the XXXX Folder]

This feature will be functional in the Beta

austinpop

May 23, 2017
Austin, TX
What happens is that files in the "New Music Folder" get scanned and then moved out of the new Music folder.

Hmm, can’t say I’m a fan of this idea, Ed. It sounds very iTunes-like.

I organize my music folders in a systematic way, so I really prefer to have them scanned in situ and not moved.

Is it just me?

Alex G

Feb 1, 2021
California
XDMS is up and running! Thanks Ed! The overall sound of XDMS and relative jump of SQ over TAS is not subtle. It is instantly noticeable. Overall sound is clear, and beautiful and incredibly coherent. Bass is so well integrated, the best I’ve heard on my system, real density without giving up anything. My biggest observation is music just has such “Extreme” whole-ness. Just love it. And the app looks great Ed and @Taiko Audio. I’ll be filing bugs in TestFlight.

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
Hmm, can’t say I’m a fan of this idea, Ed. It sounds very iTunes-like.

I organize my music folders in a systematic way, so I really prefer to have them scanned in situ and not moved.

Is it just me?

I also don't like this idea.
I have a very strict protocol for my folder structure.

However, I do have a specific directory that i move my new music to. So a fast incremental update to that directory would be a nice quick way to make music playable. But please, do NOT move anything. Periodically. I move music from this directory to its final directory location, then follow that with a complete rescan.

So importing an incremental update isn't a bad short term method of adding new music, but nothing should ever change directories.

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
I also don't like this idea.
I have a very strict protocol for my folder structure.

However, I do have a specific directory that i move my new music to. So a fast incremental update to that directory would be a nice quick way to make music playable. But please, do NOT move anything. Periodically. I move music from this directory to its final directory location, then follow that with a complete rescan.

So importing an incremental update isn't a bad short term method of adding new music, but nothing should ever change directories.
Listening :)

Christiaan Punter

2. Qobuz favorites (tracks, releases) in last added order
3. Some folders do not display tracks in correct order of TRACK tags
View attachment 98311
4. Long path names obscure the disc icon at the end of the path:
View attachment 98312

Hi Austinpop,

3. Some folders do not display tracks in the correct order of TRACK tags --> Please supply example(s).
4. My Library - Long path names obscure the disc icon at the end of the path --> Noted.

Christiaan Punter

I will second @austinpop's recommendation/wish to have Taiko address the "PGGB issue" he lists as #1 on his bug/feature report. This is really important to us PGGB folks.
This is on the list to be addressed.

Reactions: alwayslearning

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing