Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
Not that I have a vote but I like the Taiko Logo and color in the TAS app better than the XDMS version and color of the logo
Steve,

Just for you, we can make the Logo style selectable

I will tell the Software Development Team during tomorrow's meeting about this feature request to make there day ;-)

Reactions: kennyb123

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
IMO the yellow curved logo has lost the color and elegance seen in the TAS app. Plus it's the first thing we see. I just don't like it
I actualy am with you on this, but I was out voted LoL

But the Team members are capable and want to please. They are fired up to be working on a Tablet App with this level of graphics

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
This level of graphics does not shrink well to a smarphone, so we are going to have a separate App (iOS and Android) for smaller screen sizes and simpler graphics.
I never use my iPhone but rather an iPad which I trust shows everything perfectly

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
For me, if XDMS sounds the same as TAS but has all the missing functionality (play, pause, FF, REW) and gapless playback, I would be very happy.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

I actualy am with you on this, but I was out voted LoL

But the Team members are capable and want to please. They are fired up to be working on a Tablet App with this level of graphics
as I said, I have no vote .Perhaps it's the yellow color I am not wild about

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
For me, if XDMS sounds the same as TAS but has all the missing functionality (play, pause, FF, REW) and gapless playback, I would be very happy.
We would not release XDMS with out a significant step up in SQ LoL

I can confirm that during testing on Wednesday April, 13 with further plumbing upgrades, the SQ was a big notch higher than my previous test

dminches

Oct 22, 2011

I can confirm that during testing on Wednesday April, 13 with further plumbing upgrades, the SQ was a big notch higher than my previous test

Oh, I expect that and knew that was the most important goal. My real point was that the missing functionality will be welcomed.

Reactions: Armsan

MusicFellow

Jan 3, 2022

All I can say is I DO LIKE your new puppy avatar!

Happy Easter to you, Emile and the whole Taiko community! …is that XDMS peeping out of that eggshell?

rando

Sep 22, 2019

How fully would your eyes like to be accommodated with palette changes? Will customizing the logo, position, and tones produce a global change to palette or make changes to this singular element?

For reference purposes. Since I know a very particular mind at work when I see it and nearly imperceptible changes are important to it. Orange was possibly used in development to please the Dutchman cracking a whip over them.

Reactions: oldmustang

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
How fully would your eyes like to be accommodated with palette changes? Will customizing the logo, position, and tones produce a global change to palette or make accommodations for a singular element?

For reference purposes. Since I know a very particular mind at work when I see it and nearly imperceptible changes are important to it. Orange was possibly used in development to please the Dutchman cracking a whip over them.

Orange is the Dutch national color :)

There is palette change functionality, but not changing Icon positions

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
All I can say is I DO LIKE your new puppy avatar!

Happy Easter to you, Emile and the whole Taiko community! …is that XDMS peeping out of that eggshell?
I created the swiming Puppy Avatar for our Campervan, had it laser cut for a vinyl sticker, but that was vetoed by Gabriele.

So now it's here on WBF

Last edited:

wil

Jul 22, 2015
The color I’m seeing is orange, not yellow.

If you’re taking comments from the peanut gallery , I’d make the logo a bit smaller and maybe with the traditional angular lines. It might be nice to have a choice between the orange and a blue.

Steve Williams

The color I’m seeing is orange, not yellow.

If you’re taking comments from the peanut gallery , I’d make the logo a bit smaller and maybe with the traditional angular lines. It might be nice to have a choice between the orange and a blue.
it is orange, the Dutch color....It's just me...I like the original but in the great scheme of things all that matters is XDMS

aLLeARS

VIP/Donor
Feb 20, 2020
Reactions: ctydwn

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr

simorag

Sep 14, 2017
Florence, Italy

Wow, so beautiful ;-)

However, I also agree that the Taiko logo should strictly match what's engraved on the Extreme.

I understand the color scheme will be customizable, so that will be an easy change (again, the Extreme has that minimalistic cool, black, white, silver coloring and I would use a similar flavor for the software as well).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing