Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

K3RMIT

Sep 4, 2020
If you choose net work iso this is a good start
But keep in mind some dacs and some servers have built in iso like this

this does not clean nor reclock. It just electrically isolates. the lan used to feed your audio network is a good place to try this
it’s cheap too

Armsan

Jan 28, 2016
Portugal
Reactions: Taiko Audio

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012

2ndLiner

Dec 16, 2015
A bold, intriguing, titillating portent! I have complete faith that any improvements the Taiko team comes up with will be MORE than worth the wait, case in point...

Last edited:

ctydwn

Aug 23, 2019
3 Devices :)
3 devices, now that is %&# awesome. And I really like the look. That is such a great teaser. Thank you to the whole team and I remain in the good things come to those who wait camp. ‘eagerly’ wait camp

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I’m sensing Emile and his team have hit a “ walk off home run” with the new server and player
we are eagerly waiting in the dug out for you to round 3rd base and cross home plate.

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
Emile
Short term, will the android version be available in the Google Play store, or will we have to sideload an apk file?

I assume long term it will be in the Google store.

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
3 Devices :)
3 devices, meaning 3 DAC's receiving feed from the Extreme? That would be nice for my Living Room system! My old Roon Nucleus ain't so hot, you know...

Alex G

Feb 1, 2021
California
I’m sensing Emile and his team have hit a “ walk off home run” with the new server and player
we are eagerly waiting in the dug out for you to round 3rd base and cross home plate.
Although hard to tell from such a “sneak”, the design looks great Emile. No surprise I guess. I am just so used to looking at the beta that I forgot what good UI might look like! :)

Steve Williams: new server!?!

Last edited:

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Steve Williams: new server!?!

The music playback software suite has 2 parts, a server and a player. With TAS the server is Logitech Media Server, the player is ours. With XDMS both server and player are ours. We could retain the TAS name but because they look and feel so completely different I referred to it as XDMS to avoid overlap/confusion in discussing.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Emile
Short term, will the android version be available in the Google Play store, or will we have to sideload an apk file?

I assume long term it will be in the Google store.

If I understood correctly apk files will no longer be supported somewhere in the near future…

Edit:
Google has announced that Google Play will start requiring new apps to be published with the Android App Bundle starting August 2021. For new apps starting August 2021, AAB will replace the APK as the standard publishing format.

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
If I understood correctly apk files will no longer be supported somewhere in the near future…

Edit:

i forgot that, so let me reformat my question.

will the new TAS android app be in the google play store or will we have to sideload AAB files manually (as we do today with APK files)?
(short term and long term questions)

i ask because it looks like sideloading AAB will not be as simple as for APK.
"So, that brings us to the end of our guide on how to install Android App Bundles (AAB) on your device. As you can clearly see, sideloading apps as Android App Bundles is not as simple as installing an apk file using the native package installer."

Last edited:
Reactions: K3RMIT

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
3 servers in this case. We are not considering driving multiple DACs simultanuously, atleast not yet.
Wait - - now the cool thing is for us all to have THREE servers?! This is marketing genius, Emile!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing