cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

seeteeyou

Apr 6, 2015
Some DACs with XMOS XU208 could accept 32FS while some PGGB users were comparing the differences between 16FS and 32FS files recently, so far the latter ones seemed to perform quite a bit better when compared to the former ones.

However, why don't we go beyond 32FS since the WavPack format could offer a higher lossless compression ratio than the other ones?

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/19715-hq-player/page/735/?tab=comments#comment-1079311
why don't you also develop the possibility of upsampling in PCM up to 3072 mhz? .....
is that possible?
https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/19715-hq-player/page/735/?tab=comments#comment-1079360
On Linux and macOS you can already do it if you manually adjust the configuration file. But it goes to same category as DSD2048 that there are no DACs that would have such input possibility on the market right now.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/johnny_trio_lsr/archives/2253780.html
?????PCM?3,072kHz???DSD?2048(90/98MHz)???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
https://www.kitsunehifi.com/product/holo-audio-may-dac/
Theoretically it can do DSD2048 and PCM 3.072Khz however is untested at this time.
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/diy/DA8/DA08EN.htm
Support up to 24 BIT / 3072Khz in NOS mode

(MSB should have mentioned the same number but none of their interfaces would actually accept that, if I weren't mistaken.)

Before we start working with a certain manufacturer who might be able to reprogram the FPGA / replace the XOs of their USB interface, just wondering if Windows 10 / 11 itself were actually capable of handling 64FS in the real world?

Most likely ASIO driver / software player etc. shouldn't be such a big deal as long as we could have control over them, though Microsoft would simply laugh at us if we're trying to request a "hard limit" of some sort to be raised.

We know for a fact that 32FS is good to go already, therefore we simply need to confirm if 64FS were feasible otherwise.

Thank you.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Holo May got problems when accepting dsd1024 in my frd's system whereas Denafrips Terminator Plus was OK.
We do need real life testing for such high high rez.

seeteeyou

Apr 6, 2015
Yeah, that's the fun part about some differences between ASIO driver and USB Audio Class 2.0 when we don't always know about to expect.

For instance, ASIO driver for the Amanero USB interface inside Chord DAVE etc. would accept Native DSD up to DSD512 but UAC2 under Linux could only handle DSD256 via DoP

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Dave-User-manual-V1.1.pdf#page=24

(Glad that most owners of Chord DAVE should have already gone for ComTrue CT7601 by now.)

Debian (i.e. UAC2) with different hardware should be doing perfectly fine with PGGB files @ 32FS when it comes to Holo Audio May, though the ASIO driver wasn't playing so well (HF distortions) with the same DAC at all.

Not exactly sure about which specific firmware version was loaded back then, though

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/...-may-dac/page/8/?tab=comments#comment-1101686
If it says you're on 3014, then that's the 768khz version. If you're on 3012 then it should play 1.536mhz fine.

They're also available here, interestingly yet another "optional" version was found inside the ZIP file

https://www.kitsunehifi.com/wp-cont...loAudio-5.00-DriverFirmware-multiDFU-2021.zip
take note version 30.14 are for those with either JCAT Femto PCI-E card (renasas chipset) or the Matrix Element or Element H card (texas instruments chipset)
these are LIMITED TO DSD512 and PCM768 at this time.

MOST COMMON upgrade firmware - version 30.12 is for motherboard USB chipset which is commonly Intel base USB controller and should support DSD1024 and PCM1.536Mhz as stated above in overview.

IIRC maybe they're trying to come with something else in order to get 32FS covered, though I'm not really sure about that one.

V-Squared

Jun 9, 2017
FYI - For those that might be transferring their ROON Core and ROON Library to the SGM Extreme and are having difficulty getting the old playlists across, here's how I ended up having to do it. Hope it helps. Wish there had just been a playlist file to copy over, but I sure couldn't find one.

Perhaps best to print out the pdf instructions, attached.

1627256297748.png

Attachments

• Transferring ROON Playlists from one core library to another (25 July 2021).pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
FYI - For those that might be transferring their ROON Core and ROON Library to the SGM Extreme and are having difficulty getting the old playlists across, here's how I ended up having to do it. Hope it helps. Wish there had just been a playlist file to copy over, but I sure couldn't find one.
Thanks for going to all the trouble to post this. Though I don't anticipate transferring Roon core to my Extreme again (since I've only used it once or twice since TAS player landed), I have definitely filed away the pdf file for future reference.

I wonder if Soundiiz would work for this? I used it to transfer my Roon and Tidal playlists to Qobuz and it was pretty easy, with the caveat that if the platform a playlist is being transferred to doesn't actually have a specific track available the new playlist won't be 100% identical.

I appreciate the work you put into this.

Steve Z

Reactions: Taiko Audio

V-Squared

Jun 9, 2017
Thanks for going to all the trouble to post this. Though I don't anticipate transferring Roon core to my Extreme again (since I've only used it once or twice since TAS player landed), I have definitely filed away the pdf file for future reference.

I wonder if Soundiiz would work for this? I used it to transfer my Roon and Tidal playlists to Qobuz and it was pretty easy, with the caveat that if the platform a playlist is being transferred to doesn't actually have a specific track available the new playlist won't be 100% identical.

I appreciate the work you put into this.

Steve Z
You are welcome. I used Soundiiz to transfer Tidal over to Qobuz as well, but I could not find a way to move the ROON playlists from one library to another - seems a Playlist file would exist and transfer as well (as Meridian used to have), but no such luck in my search.

V2

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
You are welcome. I used Soundiiz to transfer Tidal over to Qobuz as well, but I could not find a way to move the ROON playlists from one library to another - seems a Playlist file would exist and transfer as well (as Meridian used to have), but no such luck in my search.

V2
An interesting piece of news is there is now a Bay Area Users Extreme Users Group. There is also a User Group in Singapore

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
A pretty interesting USB converter is being added to the Taiko Audio USB 5.2x Driver

It is the Mutec MC-3 +
Talk to us Ed. This looks very interesting technologically and price wise. Have you (or anyone else) heard it, and in what system?

Has it been tried with any TotalDAC systems?

MarkusBarkus

Feb 6, 2021
...may I follow-up and note the Denefrips Gaia converter was also added about a week ago. Same driver as the Terminators dacs. I like it quite a lot so far, Omega USB in, and SPDIF out to Dave, by-passing the Amanero workflow. I will re-visit the MScaler workflow soon. That is, USB to Gaia, SPDIF to MScaler, and dual BNC to Dave. I will use this unless/until a better option appears for a dual BNC output converter.

V-Squared

Jun 9, 2017
If I may ask - how long did the process last? Obviously, it depends on how big your playlists are, but I would be grateful for a real-life example
Hi AMR -

I assume you meant the Soundiiz process, converting from, say, Tidal to Qobuz? I started doing it manually (for a friend) and it was insanely painful. Then Ed suggested Soundiiz and it was immensely more efficient - just a matter of minutes (mostly just getting familiar with it).

or if you meant the other process from ROON - that took a day to figure out, but afterwards, It was also rather quick (not nearly as streamlined as Soundiiz, so, significantly more time - but still not that bad).

However - I need to update that post with an issue I found last night...

V-Squared

Jun 9, 2017

Perhaps best to print out the pdf instructions, attached.

View attachment 80446
Folks -

I ran into a problem when selecting "Save a Local Copy" - I thought that would just be a pointer to a local copy of my new Destination Library, but it can "duplicate" partial albums (with a single track)... not what wanted... I wanted it to use the songs in my existing Destination library.

So, this process can be messy and time consuming. I couldn't find an easier method, but I've updated the process, with the only way I could find. Updated REV 28 July 2021. The additional portion is below.

Don't forget to "Clean your Library" after all is said and done - should be the last step.

1627499858597.png

Attachments

• Transferring ROON Playlists from one core library to another (UPDATE, REV 28 July 2021).pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 10

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
Talk to us Ed. This looks very interesting technologically and price wise. Have you (or anyone else) heard it, and in what system?

Has it been tried with any TotalDAC systems?
It's going to take at least a week to get some feedback. This MC-3 is feeding a Tidal Camira

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Hi AMR -

I assume you meant the Soundiiz process, converting from, say, Tidal to Qobuz? I started doing it manually (for a friend) and it was insanely painful. Then Ed suggested Soundiiz and it was immensely more efficient - just a matter of minutes (mostly just getting familiar with it).
Apologies for not being clear enough - I meant Soundiiz process and was curious about your user experience when it comes to transferring. I got precisely what I wanted, so thank you for reading my mind properly ;)

Reactions: micky22

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing