Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
Great News for Audiophiles in Countries not served by Qobuz

Today, while helping some Audiophiles in an Asian Country I came across this page on the Qobuz website.

There are may ways to set up a Qobuz account in one of the 18 countries and then you can use Qobuz anywhere in the world within Qobuz's terms of service

Audiophiles in China, India, Singapore, Philippines, Thailand, Portugal and so on can be happy

Reactions: Esotar

octaviars

Mar 2, 2020
Do you mean just asking someone who is located there, VPN or some other method?

When I got Qobuz I used a VPN account so it looked like I was in England when the account was opened and I did the payment with PayPal this have worked for more than a year without any problem. Some friends on a Swedish forum tried this but Qobuz have found a way to stop this so they had to wait for Qobuz to be available in Sweden. Perhaps there are ways to use VPN and a payment card that is registered in a country where Qobuz is available.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Great News for Audiophiles in Countries not served by Qobuz

Today, while helping some Audiophiles in an Asian Country I came across this page on the Qobuz website.

There are may ways to set up a Qobuz account in one of the 18 countries and then you can use Qobuz anywhere in the world within Qobuz's terms of service

Audiophiles in China, India, Singapore, Philippines, Thailand, Portugal and so on can be happy
VPN does not work anymore unless you have a credit card from a valid country. PayPal also need to link to a credit card issued by that country too.
I wonder what Ed knows ;)

jelt2359

Nov 17, 2020
VPN does not work anymore unless you have a credit card from a valid country. PayPal also need to link to a credit card issued by that country too.
Basically those two things. VPN and local credit card. Then doing family account and add friends from anywhere is fine.

NanoSword

Mar 1, 2020
To create a qobuz account in the countries not mentioned. The solution is to buy qobuz from ebay at a very low price, and when the subscription ends, change the password and username, and you can pay with Credit Cards. This is the only way I could have my own qobuz account.

Better to find European qobuz, as I think they have more albums than US .

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
The usb driver for a SoTM reclocker has been delivered and works in the latest Taiko usb driver (thanks Emile and Ed).

Tests with 2 reclockers in series (sotm dx-usbHD usb w/superclock option + totaldac reclocker into d1-direct dac) to start this weekend.

gds7368

VIP/Donor
Jan 9, 2015
Installed my Extreme server today. OMG this thing sounds incredible - musical, crystal clear, engaging, detailed, smooth - and it’s just the first two hours listening. For a history, my servers started with Mac Mini, Roon Nucleus Plus, Aurender N10 (demo), Aurender W20SE and now Extreme. I could have lived happily with the W20SE in my system … until I heard this. I can’t imagine how this thing is going to “open up” over the next 500-1000 hours. How? What layer could be removed? And I’m using Roon, which I understand is inferior to TAS. Really looking forward to this journey, and I appreciate all of your help along the way.

PS Anyone who wants to go to Columbus, Ohio for a listen is invited.
I just hope you like single-malt scotch (like 15-21 year Balvenie) and food from a wood-fired pizza oven.

jelt2359

Nov 17, 2020
I have my Extreme on optical network with low power SFP module, on a dedicated subnet (it doesn't see broadcast traffic from elsewhere in my house). That made a huge difference. With that, streaming vs local content is virtually identical, which is amazing.
In a bid to try this without creating another VLAN or subnet (worried about control issues across networks), I went to my Asus router and blocked internet access for my Extreme (and my switch connecting that Extreme to the router). I play only local files so this works for me.

REALLY nice bump in SQ!

Screenshot 2021-07-12 at 9.01.41 PM.png

kswanson27

Nov 21, 2018
On an entirely different subject I was browsing through album artists in TAS on my iPad and I accidentally put TAS in split screen. How do I get back to a full screen?

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
On an entirely different subject I was browsing through album artists in TAS on my iPad and I accidentally put TAS in split screen. How do I get back to a full screen?
Maybe you could post a picture? Not sure I know what you mean by split-screen. Is this with an iOS/Android device or on a computer?

Steve Z

kswanson27

Nov 21, 2018
Maybe you could post a picture? Not sure I know what you mean by split-screen. Is this with an iOS/Android device or on a computer?

Steve Z
It's with my iPad. Only TAS, Roon has a full screen. I'll see if I can figure out how to post a pic of the iPad screen.

kswanson27

Nov 21, 2018
My wife fixed it--I have no idea how.

• Haha
Reactions: AMR / iFi audio

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing