Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Announcement:

The 1st of September 2019 marks the end of the introductory pricing period on the Taiko Audio SGM Extreme server. The MSRP from that date on will be set at Euro 24.000 excluding local sales taxes / duties where applicable. Any orders placed before then will be at the current price.

Thus far the Extreme has been an overwhelming success. Its sales volume has admittedly caught us off guard and our operation has been expanding rapidly because of it. Alas we cannot maintain a break-even sales policy any longer.

Thank you for your support.

FYI, the Extreme US price when purchased from Rhapsody. Audio is $26Kusd, which includes all shipping costs and import taxes.

Last edited:
Reactions: ALF and Taiko Audio

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
I've had my Extreme for 2 weeks. My observations to add to the conversation:

Even though it is run in at Taiko for 200 hours, it stills needs time in your system, especially if you are adding new network pieces. Figure 275 hours in your system.

Its bigger and heavier than u think so plan accordingly. Also, u need to supply your preferred power cord.

Leave the Roon settings as delivered and let Emile log in and do his initial settings.

Emile's level of support is exceptional. I mean like the best in the business. This guy is driven. I really want to meet him.

If you think you can pop into a audio show demo and expect to evaluate Extreme that's foolish. Extreme needs to be experienced. There is just more of everything to be heard. And then more and more. Fill in the adjectives: Subtitle shadings, dynamics, details, depth, width, air, clarity....well you get the idea.

For those who scoff at $25K for a computer just stop. People spend that on cords and plugs. This is a ground up rethink about everything. PS, all the software, grounding, networking. Take the lid off of Extreme and then do the same on your $100k amplifier. Then decided what you over paid for. Extreme is a bargain. And to think Emile has more coming for it....

IMO, this is a revelatory component.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

Even though it is run in at Taiko for 200 hours, it stills needs time in your system, especially if you are adding new network pieces. Figure 275 hours in your system.

Its bigger and heavier than u think so plan accordingly. Also, u need to supply your preferred power cord.

Leave the Roon settings as delivered and let Emile log in and do his initial settings.

Emile's level of support is exceptional. I mean like the best in the business. This guy is driven. I really want to meet him.

If you think you can pop into a audio show demo and expect to evaluate Extreme that's foolish. Extreme needs to be experienced. There is just more of everything to be heard. And then more and more. Fill in the adjectives: Subtitle shadings, dynamics, details, depth, width, air, clarity....well you get the idea.

For those who scoff at $25K for a computer just stop. People spend that on cords and plugs. This is a ground up rethink about everything. PS, all the software, grounding, networking. Take the lid off of Extreme and then do the same on your $100k amplifier. Then decided what you over paid for. Extreme is a bargain. And to think Emile has more coming for it....
Agree 200%!

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

Can we have details on how your are connecting the Extreme to the DAC? What power cables are you using?

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Extreme is connected 2 ways:
USB to MSB PRO USB via FTA Callisto USB cable
And via MSB Renderer

Still trying power cables

Reactions: christoph

justubes

Aug 10, 2015
How much can the settings in HQ player affect or reduce the need to try different cables to compensate for your
Desired sonic preference or to synergise with your system sonics?

Do you feedback to Emile whst is lacking or what is need for the soundmto be better so that adjustments in HQ player can be made.

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Extreme uses what software to play?

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Thanks. Any SQ reasons? I never tryed JPlay, have used Hqplayer for long time.

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Interesting. Thanks.

Kris

Mar 4, 2019

How the extreme compers to the servers you have used in past ?
Could you please share any of your experience?

Also is it still getting better?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing