Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Can I confirm one thing? It was mentioned previously that ports would be forwarded eg. for VNC to copy files. Will there also be port forwarding for XDMS, so I can control my music from my macbook while still being connected to the main (non-audio) router, which I need for accessing the internet?

I spent the entire day here with @Christiaan Punter trying to gauge just that.

Although they impact sound quality in different ways we feel the distribution is as follows.

Setting 100% improvement as a baseline (actual improvement subject to your perception), Networkcard and Switch combined 60%, Router 40%, drilling down further, Networkcard 20%, Switch 40%, Router 40%.

This however does not include the new Extreme DC power distributor, which allows you to power both Switch and Router from one single power supply with significant improved performance over using 2 power supplies with the additional option to tailor the sound to your personal preference.
Emile, can you, please, share details, photos, about the new Extreme DC power distributor? It’s OK if it’s too soon. Thank you.

This however does not include the new Extreme DC power distributor, which allows you to power both Switch and Router from one single power supply with significant improved performance over using 2 power supplies with the additional option to tailor the sound to your personal preference.

I can't let this slip by.
What is the new extreme DC power distributor?

Edit: I just noticed this is a 2400 euro option when ordering the router. Details please. My *hope* is that it allows powering the switch and router from the existing extreme(?)

Reactions: Steve Williams
1 in, 6 out: 2 unfiltered, 2 default filter, 1 alt filter 1, and 1 alt filter 2.
Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 11.41.18 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Armsan
Can I confirm one thing? It was mentioned previously that ports would be forwarded eg. for VNC to copy files. Will there also be port forwarding for XDMS, so I can control my music from my macbook while still being connected to the main (non-audio) router, which I need for accessing the internet?

We have improved the port forwarding performance which will allow you to use the Extreme as you're used to, using your home wifi, using Roon, XDMS, VNC, Teamviewer and file sharing. We're still working on the dedicated wifi access point, it may become available as an optional feature, will not break the bank as we'd use an off the shelf AP, or we simply provide a guide on how to connect one yourself, but we need to start the presale to know how many chassis we need to finish in chrome and black.

Emile, can you, please, share details, photos, about the new Extreme DC power distributor? It’s OK if it’s too soon. Thank you.

Was about to write a post on that, it will be in the same chassis as the switch/router, but reduced in size, 160mm*160mm*40mm, weight 10kg.

Are alt filter 1 and 2 the same alt filter, just port 1 and 2?

So my questions....

1. If the user ultimately buys the BPS , will we still need the Taiko DC Power Distributor'
2. Will an access point be part of the purchase package and where will it fit in the schematic
3. What type wire is used to connect the taiko DC power director to the Router and Switch

So my questions....

1. If the user ultimately buys the BPS , will we still need the Taiko DC Power Distributor'
2. Will an access point be part of the purchase package and where will it fit in the schematic
3. What type wire is used to connect the taiko DC power director to the Router and Switch

One more: if the switch + network card + router are 100% without the power distributor, where would you and Christian put the combination -with- the power distributor.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing