Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Ac

Actually, there's a program called Bliss that can automatically fix inconsistencies based on predefined preferences and naming conventions. The last time I used it was when I wrote a brief article for it in 2013, but if anything, it's probably gotten even better since then.

PS: I find that jRiver Media Center also works very well for metadata tagging and with no limitations with respect to file format. It even tags WAV and AIFF.
Christiaan,
My library looked fine with Roon, but is a mess with TAS (meta data missing, no cover art, etc.). Is it worth buying the unlimited Bliss license to clean up the files on my Extreme forTAS, or should I just wait for XDMS? Will Bliss have any negative impact on the Extreme performance?
Evan

True story. I know it is a bit weird and maybe TMI. Dreamt last night my system was set up in the backyard of my parent's house where I grew up. Wind was blowing and leaves had piled up all around the rack, components and speakers. I was frantically trying to rake it carefully. Then Emile shows up. I was devastated he would not hear the system at its best. He calmly pulls over this ancient lawn chair to the sweet spot and assures me it sounds good with a subtle nod. Now if that is not neurotic. Needless to say I did not tell my wife.
Shows just how serious this hobby is!

• Haha
Reactions: ACHiPo and ctydwn
  • Haha
Reactions: ctydwn and Nils
True story. I know it is a bit weird and maybe TMI. Dreamt last night my system was set up in the backyard of my parent's house where I grew up. Wind was blowing and leaves had piled up all around the rack, components and speakers. I was frantically trying to rake it carefully. Then Emile shows up. I was devastated he would not hear the system at its best. He calmly pulls over this ancient lawn chair to the sweet spot and assures me it sounds good with a subtle nod. Now if that is not neurotic. Needless to say I did not tell my wife.

I do not see any problem. If you had dreamed that Emile had installed XDMS in your Extreme, then wake up would probably need proper accompaniment ... :)

• Haha
Reactions: Tuckia
Will any demo rooms include the Extreme at the NY audio show in September?

Will any demo rooms include the Extreme at the NY audio show in September?
I think the NY Audio show has a total of 16 rooms. Embarrassing. To my knowledge the Extreme will not be presented, but not 100% sure of that.

That's it then, no leading zero.
Now, that is true of much of my music and would be a PIA to deal with.

@Ed
XMDS will be smart enough to deal with and without leading zeros, right?
XDMS will have no issues with track order. It will work correctly whether or not the track numbers of the physical files or the metadata are padded with a zero.

Christiaan,
My library looked fine with Roon, but is a mess with TAS (meta data missing, no cover art, etc.). Is it worth buying the unlimited Bliss license to clean up the files on my Extreme forTAS, or should I just wait for XDMS? Will Bliss have any negative impact on the Extreme performance?
Evan
I would not recommend keeping Bliss installed on the Extreme. If so, only use it temporarily and then uninstall it. But even better would be running it on another computer that looks at the Extreme's Samba share, or, even better still, a local backup copy of the music files. After letting Bliss do its thing, you can then check if all is well first, before handing it all over to the Extreme.

Last edited:
I would not recommend keeping Bliss installed on the Extreme. If so, only use it temporarily and then uninstall it. But even better would be running it on another computer that looks at the Extreme's Samba share, or, even better, a local backup copy of the music files. After letting Bliss do its thing, you can then check if all is well first, before handing it all over to the Extreme.
Thanks. That makes sense.

I think the NY Audio show has a total of 16 rooms. Embarrassing. To my knowledge the Extreme will not be presented, but not 100% sure of that.
That is sad. I was looking forward to going to a good show but I think I'll wait for canjam in February.

Streaming is being discussed in another thread. I was wondering if the anyone on the Taiko team would care to comment.

Sonic degradation occurs when within an album, one track transit to the next subsequent track. All subsequent tracks remain degraded from the moment on.

Streaming is being discussed in another thread. I was wondering if the anyone on the Taiko team would care to comment.

Sonic degradation occurs when within an album, one track transit to the next subsequent track. All subsequent tracks remain degraded from the moment on.

That‘s going to need some context and/or a direct link to the post.

That‘s going to need some context and/or a direct link to the post.

@EuroDriver or @Taiko Audio - quick question re XDMS. I'm re-ripping all my SACD ISOs with an updated sacd_extract (Euflo's) and there are a couple of options to reduce the likelihood of clicks/pops between tracks. Hopefully the horizon will also fix the majority of that when it arrives, but:

- Does XDMS support ID3v2.4 tags? The author says:
" with minimal ID3V2.4 tags (id3tag=5 option), here the benefit is using syncsafe integers (of ID3 frame size) which will not interfere with audio data stream"

Any downside to using ID3v2.4 or should I stick to ID3v2.3?

Windows Version of XDMS App

You can listen to XDMS and work on your PC at the same time

View attachment 97456
For those of us who don't own a PC I think we would rather listen to XDMS in our sound rooms taking it all in :cool:

TAS app expires in 25 days o_O

• Wow
Reactions: MarkusBarkus

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing