Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
I’ve not experienced anything like that with TAS so far. In every comparison I’ve done between TAS and Roon, TAS always sounds significantly better. Have you tried restarting the TAS player or rebooting the Extreme?

Very puzzling,

Steve Z
I just queued up some Aretha Franklin and damned if *my* sounstage is collapsed with TAS. But, it’s a mono album.

Any chance that TAS is playing a mono album but Roon is serving up the stereo version of the same title?

Just a WAG. . .

Steve Z

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
In TAS you need to stop Roon which I did , something must of not worked . I uninstalled
Roon completely and everything was back to
normal . I don’t know for sure what the glitch was
But TAS works fine now

Reactions: EuroDriver

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
In TAS you need to stop Roon which I did , something must of not worked . I uninstalled
Roon completely and everything was back to
normal . I don’t know for sure what the glitch was
But TAS works fine now
Hi Rau,

Roon not shutting down would explain TAS sounding crippled

This is the first instance of this occurring

If this happens again, send an email to support@taikoaudio.com and one of us will TeamViewer in to your laptop or PC to take a look

getsunday

Apr 21, 2021
????USB??????SGGM Extreme???????MSB??????????taiko??usb?????roon????????????????msb????????????????2.0??????roon???taiko??usb?????????msb????????????????????

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
Reactions: Taiko Audio

dminches

Oct 22, 2011

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
Emile,
Do you have any feedback or comments on your upgraded totaldac reclocker?
I assume the usb power issue is resolved, but I'd love to hear if you have any comments regarding SQ improvements with the mk2 upgrade. (mine has been shipped to France so i need to live vicariously through yours)

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Emile,
Do you have any feedback or comments on your upgraded totaldac reclocker?
I assume the usb power issue is resolved, but I'd love to hear if you have any comments regarding SQ improvements with the mk2 upgrade. (mine has been shipped to France so i need to live vicariously through yours)

I have it connected. It works well, playing music using our USB card right now. I will leave it running over the weekend and have a serious listen next week.

Reactions: cmarin

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing