Taiko Audio Daiza platforms.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
As you say Bill, I think they allow you to play louder without distortion rather than requiring a louder setting.
Very happy with two and fingers crossed for the other three by end of week.
Cheers

Volume perception is indeed different with this type of distortion removed. If you use a dB meter you will also notice higher peak readings at the same volume level.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Emile, are you advocating double-stacking as superior to single? If so, scope for three, four etc layers?

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Emile, are you advocating double-stacking as superior to single? If so, scope for three, four etc layers?

I have gone up to 3 myself, it's hard to put a percentage of improvement on it, if I had to I'd say the second adds about 25%, the 3rd about 10%.

This being high end, you always have to try what sounds best to you.

For example, in the case above the client preferred removing the SRA bases altogether. I don't have feedback on SRA otherwise, but I do have a lot of feedback on Symposium, where most tend to remove the Symposium, this gentlemen preferred to leave it in place though. It's always a combination game:

b2ca85c3-83db-4fcd-8881-135518e6203d.JPG

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
How does the saying go, Emile? You've put the cat amongst the pigeons. Your Daiza adopters' ears have pricked up hearing about the benefits of multiple stacking.

I know its by no means a totally apples to apples comparison, but my Zus/Revopods on Panzerholz (Daiza base material) work best w Panzerholz slab on a Symposium Svelte platform upon the floor.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
How does the saying go, Emile? You've put the cat amongst the pigeons. Your Daiza adopters' ears have pricked up hearing about the benefits of multiple stacking.

I know its by no means a totally apples to apples comparison, but my Zus/Revopods on Panzerholz (Daiza base material) work best w Panzerholz slab on a Symposium Svelte platform upon the floor.

Yes that is really apples to apples as the Daiza is a completely different animal to just a piece of panzerholz (and then there are several "quality" grades of panzerholz) but that does not mean you may not prefer using a Daiza with whatever other platform just as you are doing now :)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
The Studer ended up situated on top of a Daiza aswell, an additional Daiza is on order for double stacking:

View attachment 55939

View attachment 55940

What a beautiful room and system indeed. I am now playing severe catch up on Daiza consumption lol.

Emile - for stacking do you simply plonk one Daiza with feet on top of the other or do you omit feet between the layers?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
3914361B-1987-440D-A91F-D1F1A11AE2CE.jpeg

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
How on God's earth are Kaguras sufficiently powering big Apogees?
Is this the ultimate proof LOL that Daiza control of vibrations does increase volume?

What next? Mayer 46 tubes powering Soundlabs?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
How on God's earth are Kaguras sufficiently powering big Apogees?
Is this the ultimate proof LOL that Daiza control of vibrations does increase volume?

What next? Mayer 46 tubes powering Soundlabs?

Volume and drive are two different things. Volume is easily possible with SETs on apogees unless you have a 40 ft room

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Well, we can all be loud. But if you wanna win the argument, you need drive. Loud on it's own isn't all that useful.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Also, clipping is something only some tracks will show at loud volume and many won't know it is clipping

Reactions: Zeotrope

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Get the Class D in. On Daizas, au naturel.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Volume and drive are two different things. Volume is easily possible with SETs on apogees unless you have a 40 ft room

Well, we can all be loud. But if you wanna win the argument, you need drive. Loud on it's own isn't all that useful.

it also depends on the musical choices and personal listening level preferences.

i've listened with people who like the volume very low. too low for me to get engaged and affected. but it's personal. me.....i gotta be able to push things.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
it also depends on the musical choices and personal listening level preferences.

i've listened with people who like the volume very low. too low for me to get engaged and affected. but it's personal. me.....i gotta be able to push things.

It is why I consider that most debates are meaningless, as we do not know exactly what sound levels people are addressing.

I have recently found it is impossible to compare analog cartridges in a A/B mode, even having a phono preamplifier with two inputs and two equal tonearms and a test LP, as the outputs are different and the typical steps in most preamplfiers are too large to equalize the levels.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Try a trick, if you prefer one less, increase its volume to see if you like it more

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing