T-2000 25th Anniversary

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
The T-2000 25h Anniversary - has a 8 Ohm 4 Ohm switch - set to 4 Ohms and the KT150 will drive these speakers without issue. There is no parasitical crosstalk between the windings (4 Ohm/8 Ohm) since they both are used simultaneously.

I actually adore the Kron tube sound but have not heard anything about a KT170 - I would love to hear more about them.

Another aspect of the Allnic T-2000, you can adjust them later and add in a preamp by bypassing the internal preamp. This adds future versatility and allows comparing to the internal preamp circuitry.
Hello Ketcham
Another aspect of the Allnic T-2000, you can adjust them later and add in a preamp by bypassing the internal preamp. This adds future versatility and allows comparing to the internal preamp circuitry.

Could you elaborate on the above, Can you also use it as a preamp to other poweramps, if so can you remove the power tubes as they would not be required?

ketcham

Industry Expert
Feb 29, 2016
Opposite. Use external preamp.

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
Can you give us an update? How is the KT170 different from the KT150 in the T-2000?
If you look in the vacuum tube forum here and scroll down to the Tung sol KT 170 have landed, you will see further info.
I have close to 300 hrs now and zero issues, These are much more lower colouration, quite superb sounding!

Stevereds

Oct 12, 2018
Stephen here from Soul to Sole Audio in New Zealand.
I distribute Allnic Audio here.
My first T-2000 30th Anniversary arrived last week and I have been demoing to customers and the shops I supply.

Here is what I posted onto FB after hearing this in half a dozen different systems in the last couple of days......I am besotted with this amp and have immediately ordered more....it is "next level" musical!

"This Allnic T2000 30th Anniversary amp is ABSOLUTELY the finest sounding amp I have ever imported. The 120watts in Pentode sounds fantastic but the 60watts in Triode mode is sublime......music enters your ears and seems to bypass your brain and goes straight to your ??.... it just sucks you in emotionally.....NZ$23,500 and worth every penny and more..... don't demo it unless you can afford it...."

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing