Synergistic Research Galileo SX Power cord. Sonic Opinions Appreciated

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Synergistic Research Galileo SX Power cord.
I know this cord is pricey, but can anyone share opinion or experience on the sound quality with this power cord?
I have owned in the past Synergistic Master Coupler (about 20 years ago) and the Apex.
It would be connected to a Lumin X1 into my Audioquest Niagara power conditioner.

I would appreciate experienced comments. Thank you.

ozzy

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
Just occured that I have this cable on loan ? I also have SRX. I must say these cables brought my entire system to life, I can not listen it without it anymore, I am going to buy SX version, it as not as precise like SRX but I love tember of SX so much. Both cables increased size and musicality along the transpareny and resolution, best I heard. Picture is also showing cable from local producer and it is also very good, maybe even in the league of SR but for alot less money, it is just a prototype, the cable has 3.5cm in diameter

Attachments

• 20210521_105754.jpeg
    20210521_105754.jpeg
    22.5 KB · Views: 43

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Assuming you live in the US, contact The Cable Company and you can audition many choices before you buy. No one can determine what sounds best except you. Good luck.

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
zappadaddy,
Thanks for you input. I went ahead and purchased the SR SX power cable. I did find that it took a couple of weeks to breakin/settle?

Each day it improved, nothing erratic just a steady daily improvement.

ozzy

Reactions: Zappadaddy

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
zappadaddy,
Thanks for you input. I went ahead and purchased the SR SX power cable. I did find that it took a couple of weeks to breakin/settle?

Each day it improved, nothing erratic just a steady daily improvement.

ozzy
Is the cable worth the asking price?

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
How much would you pay for a rare penny? It's only a penny...

When you ask about price, this hobby has its share of questionable costs. In the end though, the real question is, does it increase enjoyment?

ozzy

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
N
That's something only you can decide, between diminishing returns, the balance of your system and, of course, your budget
How much would you pay for a rare penny? It's only a penny...

When you ask about price, this hobby has its share of questionable costs. In the end though, the real question is, does it increase enjoyment?

ozzy
You make a very good point.it is worth the money.

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
One of the best power cables today, but sold it and bought 5 cables for the price of one SRX with very similar qualities, but I was lucky to be the first guy to purchase these new cables from mr. Sroll. I tried Synergistic Research Powercell SX with one SRX cables vs Sroll Quantum filter with 5 Quantum power cables( about hte same price of SR) and it was not even close, Sroll better by class. Only after connecting SR active Ground box it was similar sounding so with SR filtration you must purchase their grounding box to be fully satisfied.

Attachments

• 20211011_141847.jpg
    20211011_141847.jpg
    882.5 KB · Views: 40

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing