Swisscables review from MonoandStereo.com (Matej)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
a visit to swiss cables in empty
swiss cables
The Swiss Cables GmbH is a manufacturer of audio and power cables, the high-end class. Furthermore, Swiss Cables is active as a distribution of various high-end hi-fi brands. In my summer holiday in 2013 I was able to pay a little visit to the company.

The end of July we went by train to Lucerne, where I at the station of Anton Suter - was greeted friendly and picked up - CEO of Swiss Cables. After about a half-hour drive, we arrived at the nearby Entlebuch. There, in the small community of 3,200 souls, I was greeted by his wife Barbara, who is also active in the operation.

portrait
Mr. Suter has been for many years in high-end hi-fi active and can look back on a long career in terms of sales as well as in the development and manufacture. He was and is always cared about the sales of high end components, which have been made by particular concepts and an exceptional musicality a name in the industry. In the development he was, among other things involved in the hi-fi cables from Vovox. In March 2012, Anton Suter founded together with his wife Barbara Swiss Cables because he pursue new and unconventional methods in the audio and power cables and wanted to be independent. While Mr. Suter is responsible for the development, marketing and finance, his wife Barbara looks after the export.

Swiss Cables sells in Switzerland Brand Master Sound (tube amplifiers from Italy), Calyx (converters and amplifiers from South Korea), Shun Mook (acoustic tuning elements from the U.S. in direct sales) and of course their own audio and power cables Swiss Cables. Furthermore, Swiss Cables sells in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, the Memory Player, Mr. Suter also actively involved in its development.

audio and power cord highest goodness
As already mentioned, the company name is Swiss Cables audio and power cable also the same for the specially produced high-end. The range of the two product lines evolution and Reference are unshielded and shielded RCA cable, balanced XLR Cable, Digital Cable AES / EBU and S / P-DIF, speaker cables, bridges and power cord.

Production of cable is done mostly in-house. Soldering are partially performed by additional personnel. The main market is Asia - a very critical clientele, as commonly known. Germany and Switzerland are also very important markets. In Germany, Swiss Cables is also represented with a webshop.

As Dielektikum is set when the Swiss Cables on air. And although the cables appear to be quite thick, at first glance, they are still very easy: because the conductors are encased in a textile-lined plastic tube exposed. This is one of the factors which has a significant share of the outstanding features of the Swiss Cables.

Crucial for a good cable is the transition between conductor and connector: This important sticking point at which there are glaring weaknesses concept with many competitors, has been paid a lot of attention in the development of the Swiss Cables. Because of imitators, but the corresponding solution remains understandably a closely guarded company secret. The opening of a finished audio cable from Swiss Cables at this point would also useless as a shame, because in this process, the connection between the plug and cord is destroyed.

As head jacket comes in the Reference line a non-flammable natural fiber used, which offers very good elektirsche insulation values. With the slightly cheaper evolution line you bet on cotton. In the shielded RCA cables in addition comes a copper jacket between the tube and the fabric cover. The wooden version of the Reference connector is made of Swiss walnut and is purchased from an external supplier.

The plug of the power cable are specially made with cast contacts from OCC copper.

farewell

During the tour of the company, the interesting discussions, the audiophile music listening and copious Photographing the time went by very quickly. Especially in between still a very tasty strawberry cake was served with coffee. So was followed by an exciting afternoon of departure. At this point I would like to thank both Mr. Anton Suter and his wife Barbara.

© 2013 hifibernd.ch by Bernd Zumoberhaus

I am curious about Mr. Suter's involvement in the Memory Player. Are talking about the Nova Physics or PS Audio unit?

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I think its the now Lauferteknic (Porzilli) Memory player.

I can call next week and ask, if you like.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
@Wisnon: What's your interest in these cables?

And:

Following this thread reminds me much of the one with the Trinity Dac; where the engineer got apprehensive before any critical questions actually did arise - of course they did immediately afterwards.
I feel, it is only fair to counter a veiled ad with a critical response.

Egidius

Fiinancial interest? None whatsover!

Emotional interest, lots, I like the people inviolved and think they are knowlegable and ethical professionals. I like to help such people when I can, as I think the deserve to have their products exposed and to satisfy discerning audiophiles. These cables for exmaple were designed to shock the ears, not the wallet.

I am in the Pharma business (as you can imagine) which is a large part of the Swiss economy. I have no professional connection to the Audio business, just a hobby.

I am no engineer nor was I apprehensive. I have nothing against MEP or DaveyF at all, but I just want the record set straight and nipped the misconception in the bud.
No problems about questions, not that I can answer many of them, but I really posted a REVIEW, not a veiled advert and the reponses should really be debating what Matej found, as the claims are his. Notice the first response disagreed with his premise tat reviewers shy away from cable reviews? Notice too that I did not respond to that, as it was a valid counterclaim!

Last edited:

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I think its the now Lauferteknic (Porzilli) Memory player.

I can call next week and ask, if you like.

OK was just interested since I thought the Memory Player was the province of Mark. Didn't know others were involved with the design. Or maybe he came in after Sam bought the rights to the player. Thanks!

Not to change the topic, but I find it interesting that in all the discussion about digital playback, Mark's machine doesn't seem to have many adherents around here. Seems now can do 24/192 but not DSD yet. Plus guess the disc size it a limitation with high rez files.

lasercd

Member Sponsor
Oct 28, 2010
Voorhees, NJ
www.lasercd.com
Not to change the topic, but I find it interesting that in all the discussion about digital playback, Mark's machine doesn't seem to have many adherents around here. Seems now can do 24/192 but not DSD yet. Plus guess the disc size it a limitation with high rez files.

It could be because they've heard it. My listening session with it was a major disappointment. Its a product that was outdated immediately once computer audio became more popular. It couldn't make up for it with superior sound. In fact I thought it sounded completely average.

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
The Swiss Cable 'White Paper' should be renamed the Swiss Cable "Marketing Paper'. When one makes such strange scientific statements, one needs to add a lot of support for those statements and information on just how they apply to audio signals.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
The Swiss Cable 'White Paper' should be renamed the Swiss Cable "Marketing Paper'. When one makes such strange scientific statements, one needs to add a lot of support for those statements and information on just how they apply to audio signals.

Which was my point from the beginning.

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Hello,

Has someone this brand in his system ?

Thanks

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Hello,

I have bought the Swisscable Diamond power cord.
What say about it ?
It is very light, not like mine Furutech very heavy.
The connectors are Neotech but with the brand Swisscable.
I have try many power cables with my CD player Esoteric K-03XS like Hijiri Nagomi, FURUTECH FP-S55N LIMITED EDITION with FURUTECH FI-E50 NCF (R) and FURUTECH FI-50 NCF (R).
The Swisscable Diamond power cord has a extraordinary level in terms of control, definition and organic sound,better than the Hijiri Nagomi too. FURUTECH FP-S55N LIMITED EDITION with FURUTECH FI-E50 NCF (R) and FURUTECH FI-50 NCF (R) is very analytic.
So it is a good surprise.
I recommand it.

Reactions: wisnon

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing