SPJ Alba/La Luce

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
They are difference the spj does micro nuance that is spectacular that said the cs port is well nuanced. The spj captures small details.

Interesting, as LT are very nuanced. Is CS more nuanced than Vyger?

Also is it more nuanced than the Alba which is also bold?

108CY

May 4, 2013
Very different indeed the cs port does nuance slightly better than the vyger but only slight.

The alba is far bolder than the new la luce but is not as nuanced. The alba is strong and authoritative.

Maril555

Jun 26, 2014
still working out the price but around £39500 inc VAT with the the big lyla mk2
So it’s almost as much as Alba

108CY

May 4, 2013
So it’s almost as much as Alba

The weird thing is that the prices with lyla mk2 and titanium arm wand were almost the same. The alba with the special kevlar platter and black lady were considerably more.

I am pretty certain they will not be produced again because of the cost of manufacture increasing, I have heard she might do a smaller la luce but not sure.

They are certainly interesting musical turntables. Its nice to see them appreciated I owned my first spj tonearm in the 90's

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
The problem with the La luce is that they are no longer produced I managed to procure the last version, this was the last to be supplied by her a month back but I got hold of it thursday.

They are very very different indeed the cs port has the most wonderful natural sense of space and air very very natural sounding great bass and texture the drive is fantastic. The laluce is very fast and vibrant it has tremdous pace and extremely three dimensional. Both are seductive in different areas the la luce does micro detail in a fashion that is breath taking the cs port is big and bold. Does not do nuance in the same way. The bass on the laluce is fast

I will start a separate thread on the spj turntables with pics in due course.

Thank you, Mik!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing