Sonus Faber Stradivari G2

joey_v

Nov 30, 2015
Anyone else looking forward to this speaker? I hope I get to hear it someday

Hiempie

May 6, 2016
Hi Joey,

I recently listened to them with a friend. We were a bit disappointed with the performance. Could be because the Mac Intosh amplifiers are not my taste and because the speaker has not had many playing hours yet. The new Amati 5 sounded better.

Regards Ismaël

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Heard it yesterday with Soulution at KJ west one. Will try to hear it with Zanden for a better assessment
BA81BFF5-9038-42C7-A6DF-7C2CFC13F903.jpeg 9684B640-AB8E-43D4-B187-EBA2BDFFDB46.jpeg

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Hiempie

May 6, 2016
hi Bonzo,

Nice setup how was the bass sound? When I heard it it sounded booming to much. IMG_7911.jpeg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Interesting...I know that many original Strad owners used Mac and Soulution. I used Gryphon. The mid-powered tubes (like Zanden) were magnificent with the Strad...but the bass really changed to something more muscular if it was controlled by significant high quality current.

I wonder if the same approach was being taken with the Solution amps here.

That said, midpowered tubes and the original Strads were magic, and I recall reading that Franco Serblin himself used Berning amps at one time with them.

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Interesting...I know that many original Strad owners used Mac and Soulution. I used Gryphon. The mid-powered tubes (like Zanden) were magnificent with the Strad...but the bass really changed to something more muscular if it was controlled by significant high quality current.

I wonder if the same approach was being taken with the Solution amps here.

That said, midpowered tubes and the original Strads were magic, and I recall reading that Franco Serblin himself used Berning amps at one time with them.

the distributor does both Mac and SF

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
the distributor does both Mac and SF
Will be interesting to hear what you think with Zanden. I could see it working in some respects, but not knowing this particular speaker, I do not know how much control the Zanden will exert over them. I would not be surprised if it was excellent based on feedback I recall from Marty on hearing Zanden monos with the Aidas where he was stunned at how great it sounded. And those are big speakers to control for an amp.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I heard the Zanden with the Soulution preamp on those speakers. The Zanden had much less dynamic range and midbass and bass nuances. On the other hand the Soulution amp is edgy hard especially when used with the Lyra atlas, not so when used with the Vertere cart. The Zanden has better timbre than the Soulution. The relatively best combo was the Vertere with Soulution.

IMG_3907.jpeg

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing