Silent Running Audio?

kleinbje

Dec 20, 2012
CT
I have a both a Scuttle 2 and an Ohio class base under my Lamm Lp2 deluxe. I noticed a profound impact with both, blacker back ground and subsequently much more information is revealed. Highly recommended.

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
I have used the SRA Ohio Class XL under my KR Amp. Currently using a different set of amps but planning to get two more Ohio Class bases. As others have said, they make a profound difference.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I'm thinking of getting an SRA VRseries isobase for my Devialet amp. Does anyone have experience with them??
http://www.silentrunningaudio.com/products/vr_series_isobase.htm

Experience of other custom made platforms would be appreciated too, especially in the segment of <$1000.

Hi...at sub-$1000, i did not think SRA would quailfy? In any event, i use Stillpoints Ultra 5s under my Gryphon Colosseum and i found a surprisingly improved clarity and decay...and most interestingly, as a result of this...the imaging improved and seemed more stable...allowing the back of the performances to recede very noticeably which was quite nice.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
After getting two SRA ohio xl2+ bases for my set monoblocks I am sold on SRA. I am thinking of getting their scuttle mk3 two tier wide four rack. Does anyone have any experience with it?

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
I do. I purchased a two tier Scuttle mk3 (regular, not double width) and it provided a massive improvement in the sound of both my CH L1+X1 (lower shelf) and Totaldac Twelve SE (upper shelf). I am now purchasing a Virginia Class platform for the CH L1+X1 and will move the Innuos Zenith Statement to the lower shelf of the Scuttle.

Reactions: kodomo

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
After getting two SRA ohio xl2+ bases for my set monoblocks I am sold on SRA. I am thinking of getting their scuttle mk3 two tier wide four rack. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Congrats! We really enjoy the SRAs a lot. They will remain with the Zanden. Period.

I do. I purchased a two tier Scuttle mk3 (regular, not double width) and it provided a massive improvement in the sound of both my CH L1+X1 (lower shelf) and Totaldac Twelve SE (upper shelf). I am now purchasing a Virginia Class platform for the CH L1+X1 and will move the Innuos Zenith Statement to the lower shelf of the Scuttle.

Very interesting...what is the cost of a 6-shelf Scuttle? i can look it up but if you happen to know, that would be great. I came across a second hand 6-shelf HRS M3X rack so price comparing.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest

I owned the original Scuttle and now own the Scuttle 3.

Here is my review of the original Scuttle:
http://www.theaudiobeat.com/equipment/silent_running_audio_scuttle.htm

And the follow-up on the Scuttle 3:
http://www.theaudiobeat.com/blog/sra_scuttle3.htm

For those interested in the platforms ... I owned the Ohio Class XL+2, and replaced those with the VA Class Reference platforms. Here is a WBF thread with discussion and link to my VA Class review:
https://www.whatsbestforum.com/thre...audio-virginia-class-reference-isobase.26656/

Fwiw, later this year I will review a VA Class platform custom built for my turntable, to be published ar Positvw Feedback. Questions, let me know.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing