Shameless

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Witness the decline of western civilization. The seven deadly sins combined with hedonism and narcissism. The end justices the means.Just when you think this can't get any lower.
Sunday's at 10 pm on Showtime.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Watched an episode of this. Hollywood has a long and illustrious history of making dysfunction appear cute, when in real life, it's anything but.

I sort of thought of this as a 'dysfunction is cute' series based on one viewing. Maybe it's more of a comedy than I thought at first glance, then maybe it's OK, if that's one's thing.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Watched an episode of this. Hollywood has a long and illustrious history of making dysfunction appear cute, when in real life, it's anything but.

I sort of thought of this as a 'dysfunction is cute' series based on one viewing. Maybe it's more of a comedy than I thought at first glance, then maybe it's OK, if that's one's thing.
Cute?

Imagine so without morals.
Spoiler alert.

Frank moves in with gay guy to take advantage of him. He is denied benefits only available to heterosexuals. He becomes a hero to the gay community . Frank accepts sex from a woman by an organization trying to prove gays can be converted.
Back episodes are available let on demand.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
So far I have resisted watching any, all of these shows. No survivor, reality, etc here. Tunes a flick or I break out the Guild and fingerpick. Course there is always the option of cooking up something on the spur of the moment.

BobM

Feb 5, 2014
Long Island, NY
There is just something compelling about watching this continual train wreck of a white Irish ghetto family in Chicago and how they just keep on surviving somehow. I agree, if only a small fraction of what they go through were truly happening to somebody it would be very sad and pittiful. Unfortunately I also believe there are families out there that are dealing with this level of tragedy on a daily basis.

I think of it as a comedic tragedy. It is sometimes too easy to laugh at others misfortunes. Of course, if anyone in that family were to see you laughing at them you would likely get a pipe to the head from them.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
There is just something compelling about watching this continual train wreck of a white Irish ghetto family in Chicago and how they just keep on surviving somehow. I agree, if only a small fraction of what they go through were truly happening to somebody it would be very sad and pittiful. Unfortunately I also believe there are families out there that are dealing with this level of tragedy on a daily basis.

I think of it as a comedic tragedy. It is sometimes too easy to laugh at others misfortunes. Of course, if anyone in that family were to see you laughing at them you would likely get a pipe to the head from them.
well I never had a silver spoon on my mouth
It is not their tragedy I find amusing.
It is the complete predictability of the outcome of the dysfunctional attempts to deal with it. I find ironic. Taking a pipe to someone's head is a prime example

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Shameless pr one showtime Jaanuary 1.2016
on Showtime.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing