SET amp owners thread

So, yesterday I compared the GM70 you heard in Bill's system the Kondo Neiro 2a3 in the Living Voice Air Scout system I posted about earlier, where I had compared the Audio Note Empress Silver 2a3. As you can see from the below video, totally different sound to the one you hear in Bill's video. This is only a 15 x 12 room.

In Bill's video you heard the Graphite tube, here we preferred the Copper tube. We still have to try the copper at Bill's.

Wonderful! What is the recording you are playing?

And here is something more delicate.

Reactions: the sound of Tao
That one sounds great played through my little Santa Cruz system. Living Voice processing seems to work quite well through the thicket of You Tube compressors.

Reactions: bonzo75
I heard a pair of these at a show and was really blown away. Congratulations, you have one of the better high efficiency speakers I’ve ever heard. What amp do you use?
Did you hear the Agalame or Eufrudite? They are shorter with fewer woofers but same mid and tweeter.

The Eufrodite are quite average. I have heard them in two different set ups with both 300b amps and SS amps.

H
I ran a pair of Agathon Ultimates for a while, really fine transducers with a prodigious presence due to the internal folded horn married to an adapted DX4 and a Horning wave guide tweeter … A most lovely finish on your Algame’s @n+1
Heard these in 2005 at an Orange County hifi club event driven by Antique Sound Labs Hurricane amps. Got me interested in the brand.

Most speakers get good praise at shows including Magico and Wilson.

Never heard the Agathon so no comment on that higher model of speaker can be quite different from lower model.

Most speakers get good praise at shows including Magico and Wilson.

Never heard the Agathon so no comment on that higher model of speaker can be quite different from lower model.
Agathon was not a higher model, Eufrudite replaced it.

Can you describe what you hear with those speakers? I have been curious about them for a long time.
Clarity and detail of monitors with the weight and warmth of much bigger speakers. Must be positioned in corners in my experience.

Reactions: morricab

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing