Saskia model two

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Bob, I'm afraid this will be more like audiophiles crowding at the fence around a building site, and peering thru the observation slot at the action within.

Highly motivated voyeurs LOL.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Sorry Mike I thought Carl was talking about his cat.

Looking forward to see your new TT mounted with its tonearm and all set ready to go for your first spin impression.

Cheers, enjoy a great weekend here on the Pacific west coast.

acg

Dec 25, 2013
I think the Saskia II is just about the sexiest looking TT getting about. It's lines are delicious, and it's apparent simplicity beguiling. Mike, I hope it fits in well to your expectations and requirements.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Mike is to much of a gentleman to even give hard criticism, if he is not satisfied
it will simply be gone one day;)

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Anyone know what bearing is used on the Saskia?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Sorry Mike I thought Carl was talking about his cat.

Looking forward to see your new TT mounted with its tonearm and all set ready to go for your first spin impression.

Cheers, enjoy a great weekend here on the Pacific west coast.

actually Bob, i'm in West Virginia at a business meeting back late Wednesday. i'm anxious too, to return and listen to the new tt.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
I think the Saskia II is just about the sexiest looking TT getting about. It's lines are delicious, and it's apparent simplicity beguiling.

thanks, i am a bit in lust too about the earthy vibe of the Saskia. something not mechanical or industrial, more elegantly other-worldly sinister. it also compliments the similar look of my flat black MSB Select II chassis, although that was not anything i had considered. not posted any pics yet of the larger viewpoint.

Mike, I hope it fits in well to your expectations and requirements.

my view is the question will be the degree of delight i experience.

Mike is to much of a gentleman to even give hard criticism, if he is not satisfied
it will simply be gone one day;)

it's been a long while since i tried something in my system that flat disappointed me. there have been pieces that either did not work in my particular system, or my resident equivalent piece was preferred.

Anyone know what bearing is used on the Saskia?

Win told me, but i did not retain the details. when i find out i will post it.

Reactions: acg and Lagonda

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
well.....the good news is i'm back home from my 5 day trip to the East Coast, and again in the presence of the Saskia model two. more good news is that my new, just released, Ortofon MC Anna Diamond cartridge will arrive today.

the bad news is that my arm boards will not be ready to ship back to me from Win until tomorrow at the earliest, or next week sometime. needing 4 lousy tapped holes on each arm board. grrrrrrrrrrrr.

so i can't yet listen to the Saskia model two. and best case is early next week. huge bummer. frustrating. :(

Last edited:

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
well.....the good news is i'm back home from my 5 day trip to the East Coast, and again in the presence of the Saskia model two. more good news is that my new, just released, Ortofon MC Anna Diamond cartridge will arrive today.

the bad news is that my arm boards will not be ready to ship back to me from Win until tomorrow at the earliest, or next week sometime. needing 4 lousy tapped holes on each arm board. grrrrrrrrrrrr.

so i can't yet listen to the Saskia model two. and best case is early next week. huge bummer. frustrating. :(

I think the whole of WBF are as frustrated as you, Mike, such is the anticipation...

Speaking of arm boards, I just finished making the General an Indian Rosewood arm board cut for his Da Vinci Grandezza and Garrard 301. We mounted a Blue Dragon and I must say it was sounding very nice.

Attachments

• 899E0D0E-ECD6-4516-92F3-4F2934DEDEC4.jpeg
    899E0D0E-ECD6-4516-92F3-4F2934DEDEC4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 74

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
That's an idler that Mike could be playing right now, unlike Saskia. Lucky General. Unlucky Mike.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations, Mike! It looks great!

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I think the whole of WBF are as frustrated as you, Mike, such is the anticipation...

Speaking of arm boards, I just finished making the General an Indian Rosewood arm board cut for his Da Vinci Grandezza and Garrard 301. We mounted a Blue Dragon and I must say it was sounding very nice.
Wow, that one looks very similar to my 10 inch Grandezza in Cocobolo and tarnished copper, which I really like. I think it was one of the earliest Grandezza arms. So good, I have no desire for any other on my SME.

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
That's an idler that Mike could be playing right now, unlike Saskia. Lucky General. Unlucky Mike.

i'm a happy 'lucky' Saskia model two owner. just a little frustrated, but not wanting to switch places with anyone......especially now seeing the Saskia sitting on my rack.

if you buy a product with slate arm boards then you accept what comes with that design approach. not just anyone can tap those holes. an 'oops' would be a bad thing.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
You have a guy to do a panzerholz arm board for you to try Mike. ;)

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing